Hong Kong visa requirements for Angolans
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Angolans visiting Hong Kong
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Hong Kongese Visa.
Hong Kong Visa for Angolans
Facts about Hong Kong
Hong Kong is one of the two Special Administrative Regions of the People's Republic of China. Originally a sparsely populated area of farming and fishing villages, Hong Kong is now one of the most densely populated places in the world, having over 7.4 million people of several nationalities.
Being a former British colony and officially a part of China, Hong Kong has both English and Cantonese as its official language. It is classified as an alpha+ global city because it has influence throughout the world. As a region with the largest number of skyscrapers and estimated to be the world's tenth-largest exporter, it is no surprise that Hong Kong is a major tourism destination for Asians and the rest of the world.
Greeting locals by saying "Nei-ho" in Hong Kong, (which means "hello" in Cantonese) will surely gain you some points as it shows that you respect their local culture.
Types of Hong Kong Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||4 weeks||90 days|
|Transit visa||4 weeks||90 days|
|Business visa||4 weeks||5 years|
|Student visa||6 weeks||Depends on course of study|
General Requirements for Hong Kong Visa
Hong Kong Transit Visa Eligibility & Requirements
Hong Kong Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
Hong Kong Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Your Angolan visa must be valid and have a minimum validity of 6 months from your intended date of departure from Hong Kong.
- A visa application form must be fully completed and signed before submission. You are advised to crosscheck for any errors and adhere strictly to the submission guidelines so as not to delay the processing of your visa application.
- You are to attach a passport-size photograph on page 1 of the visa application form.
- You are required to make a clear coloured photocopy of the bio-data page of your passport (that is, the first page of your passport showing your personal details, date of issue and expiry of the passport).
- The applicant is to have sufficient funds to cover the costs of the duration of their stay.
- Employed applicants should provide proof of employment by submitting a copy of employment letter signed by the employer stating your role in the company and your salary. You should also provide a leave letter from your employer.
- As proof that you intend to return to your country of origin, you are required to tender a roundtrip flight ticket showing entry and exit dates to/from Hong Kong as well as the flight numbers.
- You should provide a copy of your travel itinerary or proof that you are joining a tour.
- If you are visiting family, you are to submit proof of your relationship with your host in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong tourist visa is not extendable.
- The tourist visa does not permit its holder to take up paid/unpaid employment or start a business in Hong Kong.
- The tourist visa also does not permit its holder to enrol in a school.
- Hong Kong tourist visa allows Multiple Entry.
Hong Kong Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
Hong Kong Visa Fees
Hong Kong Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Angola
Office suite 1710-11, 1712 and 1713-18 17/F, Shui On Centre 6-8 Harbour Road Wanchai
(+852) 3798 3888 ,(+852) 3101 0873, (+852) 3101 0682
Frequently Asked Questions
Are credit cards widely accepted in Hong Kong shops?
Most shops in Hong Kong accept major credit cards; however, at open-air markets, most vendors will only take cash. it is best to bring both cash in Hong Kong dollars and credit cards when shopping.
How safe is Hong Kong for visit?
Hong Kong is one of the safest cities in the world, with low crime rates and excellent standards of medicine and healthcare.
How do you say hello in Hong Kong?
Is it possible to work with my tourist visa?
Foreigners bearing tourist visas are not eligible to work in Hong Kong. Only foreigners who have entered Hong Kong with a work permit are eligible to work.