South Africa visa requirements for Burkinabes
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Burkinabes visiting South Africa
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a South African Visa.
South Africa Visa for Burkinabes
Facts about South Africa
Types of South Africa Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Visitor Visa||6-8 weeks||90 days|
|Work visa||6-8 weeks||variable|
|Student visa||6-8 weeks||variable|
General Requirements for South Africa Visa
South Africa Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The South African tourist visa is available for Burkinabés looking to travel to the country for tourism purposes.
- It is also known as a visitor's visa.
South African visitors’ visas may be granted for:
- visits to family or friends and also for tourism purposes.
- business purposes.
- spouse to join a spouse who is in South Africa on a work or study permit.
- children to join parents who are in South Africa on work or study permits.
- fiancée/ fiancé to join his or her partner with the intention of marrying within 90 days.
- study purposes (max stay 3-months).
- charitable or voluntary activities.
- to work in the production of a movie or show (i.e. in the entertainment industry).
- for medical purposes (max stay 3-months).
- sport events.
- Visitors’ visas are for international travellers (citizens of other countries) who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
- The visa will allow you to travel to a South African port of entry where an immigration official will then determine if you are allowed to enter South Africa and for how long you can stay for that particular visit. Visitors are restricted to the activity or reason for which their visas were issued.
- On entry to South Africa, a visa is considered to be a visitor's permit. The permit’s period of validity is calculated from the date of entry into the country and will be set out under the heading "conditions" on the visa label. You must ensure that you apply for the correct visa/permit. Entry in the country may be refused if the purpose of the visit was not correctly stated.
- Visas are not issued at South African ports of entry, and airline officials are obliged to insist on visas before allowing passengers to board. If you arrive without a visa, immigration officials are obliged to put you onto a flight back to your home country.
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination gotten at least 10 days before arrival is required of travellers.
- Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa must be provided in the form of:
- Bank statements.
- Salary advances.
- Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa.
- Medical cover or
- Cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques).
South Africa Work Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- valid for a minimum period of 24 months and can be extended.
South Africa Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- t will usually take three years of full-time study to complete a bachelor's degree, and one or two years to complete a master's degree.
- R2,714 per month to cover financial needs.
South Africa Visa Fees
South Africa Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Burkina Faso
South African Embassy Avenue Pascal ZAGRE – Villa No 149 Rue de BADNOGO – OUAGA 2000 12 BP: 296 Ouagadougou 12 BURKINA FASO.
253-760-98 / 253-764-03
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to process a South African visa?
The timelines given by the South African High Commission for the processing of each application is a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. However, visa applicants should bear in mind that each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing times may vary.
When is the best time to visit South Africa?
South Africa is a year-round destination. Still, different parts of the country are more attractive at different times of the year. You can tailor the timing of your trip according to what interests you the most, e.g., wildlife viewing is best from June through October.
What is the coldest month in South Africa?
South Africa has the typical weather of the Southern Hemisphere, with the coldest days in the months of June to August.
What can I wear in South Africa?
South African dress style generally more casual, so opt for dresses, shorts, T-shirts and light trousers. The evenings can be cooler so do bring a light sweater or jacket along, and an umbrella for summer thundershower, especially if you're staying in Johannesburg.