United Arab Emirates visa requirements for Ethiopians
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Ethiopians visiting United Arab Emirates
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Emirati Visa.
United Arab Emirates Visa for Ethiopians
Facts about United Arab Emirates
Types of United Arab Emirates Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||3-4 working days||30 days|
|Business visa||3-4 working days||60 days|
General Requirements for United Arab Emirates Visa
United Arab Emirates Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The United Arab Emirates tourist visa is for Ethiopians with the intention to travel to the country for tourism purposes.
- This visa is valid for 30 days but can be extended for 60 days.
- Proof of financial status must be provided. AED 1,014 is the average daily price for traveling in the United Arab Emirates.
- A copy of your recent Ethiopian bank statement going back 6 (six) months showing that you have sufficient funds to stay in Dubai must be provided.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of a confirmed Itinerary: This means you must show all your travel plans which would include the date of arrival and departure. It is important you include your flight details.
- Applicants should also provide proof of residency: In most cases, you have to show where you would be staying. If you are staying in a hotel, you can show evidence of a hotel reservation.
- All travelers who depart the UAE by land and who are not members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) must pay a departure fee. The fee is 35 UAE dirhams and is payable only in the local currency.
- The UAE maintains tight exit controls. All travelers must exit the country with the passport on which they entered. Travelers should visit a UAE immigration office prior to departure to obtain an exit pass if they plan to leave the UAE without the passport on which they entered.
- Products and medications containing cannabidiol (CBD) are illegal in the UAE. Possession or importation of CBD products, including those found in prescription and over the counter medications in the United States and other countries, are prosecuted in the same manner as marijuana possession.
- Do not transport any arms or items that may be considered law enforcement or military equipment. Such items include, but are not limited to:
- Weapon parts and tools.
- Functional, inert, or decorative ammunition, even one bullet.
- Empty or spent shell casings.
- Body armor.
- Any other military or police equipment.
United Arab Emirates Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Ethiopians intending to travel to the United Arab Emirates for business purposes can apply for a business visa.
- Foreigners doing business in the UAE can apply for multiple-entry visas.
- If you are doing regular business with a company in the UAE and will, therefore, need to visit the country frequently, you may apply for a six-month multiple-entry visa.
- The duration of each stay in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or one of the other emirates may not exceed 30 days and the visa is non-renewable.
- It takes 3 – 4 working days to process the business visa and it lasts for 14 days. The visa also allows applicants to take their families along.
- A letter stating who your sponsor is and a copy of your sponsor’s passport and the employment contract must be provided.
- Travelers should also provide proof of family relationship (if you and your sponsor are related)
- A 1,000 AED refundable fee per applicant, guaranteeing that you will leave the UAE when your visa expires — reimbursed after you leave the country - must be provided.
- A proof of travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of 150,000 AED, covering emergencies, accidents, and repatriation of remains in case of death must be provided.
- It is important for applicants to provide an invitation letter from the host country in the United Arab Emirates.
United Arab Emirates Visa Fees
United Arab Emirates Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Ethiopia
United Arab Emirates Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia --- Bole KK, Kebele-03, H No 018 P.O. Box 1506 Addis Ababa Ethiopia
(+251) 116 46 74 40 / 1
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I miss my visa interview?
You have the chance to reschedule your appointment to a later day and get interviewed. The only clause is that you cannot change your appointment more than two times.
What is the dominant religion in the United Arab Emirates?
Islam is both the official and majority religion in the United Arab Emirates followed by approximately 76% of the population. The Al Nahayan and Al Maktoum ruling families adhere to Sunni Islam of Maliki school of jurisprudence.
What is the currency used in the United Arab Emirates?
The United Arab Emirates dirham (Code: AED), also known as simply the Emirati dirham, is the currency of the United Arab Emirates.