Cities in France with Hotels
Know More About France Hotels
Paris is the capital of France and is located in the center of the country. The best time to visit France is during the spring from April - June or during the fall from September - November because during these times there are fewer tourists, moderate temperatures and lower prices.
France usually experiences a temperate climate, but during the spring from March - May the weather is mild and there is little or no sunshine, then in the summer from June - September it may be hot and sunny in some areas especially south of France, it experience a little autumn from October - December although it is usually damp, and the winters are cold but not really harsh and it snows with heels of rain and the temperature could drop down to negative especially in the mountains.
The French culture is greatly influenced by the Celtic and Gallo-Roman cultures also the Germanic tribe called the Franks.
Catholicism is the official religion in France but there are also some small amounts of Buddhism, Islam, and Judaism.
France is known around the world for its sophisticated and revered cuisine, French food is a mixture of spicy sauces, exquisite seafood and recipe masterpiece, so it is safe to say that there is something for everyone in the French cuisine.
French is the official and most spoken language in France.
There are plenty of ways of getting around in Paris for everyone, tourists can rent a car to go by road and explore the magnificent scenery of France with the excellent infrastructures moving by road is enjoyable but it is advised to also rent a GPS to aid in directions, by train which is known to be one of the oldest means of transportation in France, it is fast, easy, and cheap, but it is advised to book a reservation online for those that do not speak French, by boat, or by flight. France is known to be one of the safest place to visit or stay due to the heavy presence of police officials, that being said you are more likely to be killed in a traffic accident at home than by a terrorist attack, Paris is known to be one of the safest cities to live in the world.
France is home to a lot of festivals and events including The Bastille Day on the 14th of may this celebration signifies the storming of the bastille and the birth of the French Democracy, The fête de la Musique on the 21st of June which celebrates with a huge lively concert with hundreds of musicians, The Festival d'Avignon during July it is a festival of arts and beauty held in the popes' palace, the Nice festival in Nice held within the month of February it is known to be one of the biggest festivals in the world, and there are many other festivals held all year round.
France offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the world from Paris to the glamorous seaside resorts of Cote d'Azur, some of these locations include:
- The Eiffel Tower - known as the symbol of Paris, the Eiffel Tower is renowned to be the world's most famous landmarks. The tower is structured with 8,000 metallic parts, and it was designed by Gustave Eiffel as a temporary exhibit for the world fair in 1889 and was criticized by many critics but is now seen as one of the nations greatest monument beloved by the people of France and has earned its named "Iron Lady".
- Palace of Versailles - This was built to show off the glory of the French monarchy and was seen as a symbol of power, the "Sun king" louis XIV transformed his father's small hunting lodge into this opulent palace with an excellent Baroque interior.
- Louvre Museum - The Louvre museum is ranked among the top European collections of fine arts. many famous works are found in this museum including the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Davinci, the wedding feast at cana by Veronese, and also the 1st - century - BC Venus de Milo sculpture.
- Cote d'Azur - As the name translates "coast of blue", it was named after the deep blue color of the Mediterranean Sea, the town of Nice has panoramic sea views and stellar art museums, The city of Cannes is famous for its celebrity film festivals and its legendary hotels.
- Mont Saint-Michel - Located on the coast of Normandy, it is one of France most amazing landmarks. The name "Pyramid of the sea" was ascribed to it as it appears to be rising out of the sea, but is actually on a rocky islet and surrounded by walls and bastions.
There are over 5,000 hotels and accommodations in France. France is known to be the world most popular tourist destination, it is the home to various innovations and creations like the creation of the stethoscope was in Paris in 1816, and is also home to the highest mountains in Europe. Also the first artificial face and heart transplant took place in France.