India visa requirements for Mozambicans
Travel and visa requirements
Indian Visa is not required for Mozambicans
Stay Duration: 60 days
- Mozambicans planning to visit India are required to apply for the India e-visa, for a duration of 60 days.
- The Indian e-visa will cost Mozambique nationals a sum of $100 USD.
- To obtain your Indian e-visa, you have to apply for it at the website of the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Having met all the requirements demanded upon your e-visa application, your Indian e-visa will be processed within 5 working days.
- To visit India, your international passport must be valid for at least six(6) months above the date of your entry into the country, and you must leave at least two blanked pages on your passport for necessary stampings.
- Proof of hotel reservation or any other means of accommodation when you arrive in India.
- Proof of round-trip or onward ticket should be made available before your arrival into the country.
- Airport tax is not levied either on entering or exiting the country's airports.
- Mozambique nationals are required to travel with their national identity (ID) card when they are visiting India.
- Indian standard time zone is (GMT+5:30), while that of Mozambique is (GMT+2). This implies that India is 3 hours, 30 minutes ahead of Mozambique.
- Flights' estimated time to travel from Maputo, Mozambique to Delhi, India is 14 hours, 55 minutes.
- Airlines flying to India include Ethiopian, Emirates, Qatar Airways, South African and LAM.
- The telephone code used in India is (+91) for both local and international communications.
- The official currency of India is Indian Rupee(INR), while Indian capital is Delhi.
- Importation (and exportation) of the Indian currency up to INR 25,000 is permissible except for the citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan not living in India.
- Foreign currency up to INR 25,000 imported in the country must be declared to the customs upon your arrival.
- Your luggage is cleared at your first entry into the Indian airport, except passengers transiting to a destination that is not India.
- For Arms and ammunition importation, import Permit is required from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- WPC license issued by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology is required for the importation of remote-controlled drones and helicopters.
- Importation of Pets into the country, requires a health certificate. Examination will be conducted on all pets imported into the country by the Quarantine Officer.
- India is known for its birthplace of some religions that are even existing to date.
- India is known as the land of spirituality and philosophy. For this reason, the contribution of India to today's world spirituality cannot be overemphasized.
- Taj Mahal's Iconic domed Mughal Mausoleum, Amber Palace's 16th-century hilltop fort and Palace, Red Fort's Iconic 1600s Imperial residence, Hawa Mahal's Pink/red sandstone and Palace of the winds etc... are the fascinating sites to explore when visiting India.
- Aloo gobi, Butter Chicken, Rogan Josh, Samosa, Tandoori Chicken, Kofta, Naan etc... are the best delicacies you will, later on, reminisce about when you visited India. Their spiciness is just so extraordinary.
- India has about 15 international airports in different parts of the country, some of them include Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), New Delhi, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM), Mumbai, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU), Kolkata, Kempegowda International Airport (BLR), Bangalore, Chennai International Airport (MAA), Chennai, etc..
- Travelers who are visiting India through the Indian e-visa can enter India through the Indian 28 airports (some mentioned above) and 5 seaports.
- An average of $60 USD per day can cater for your expenses in India.
- Multiple religions are practiced in India while Hinduism accounts for 80% of its population practitioners. Other religions such as Islam, Sikhism, Christianity, Jainism, Zoroastrianism and Judaism are practiced by the rest of the population.
- Plugs and sockets used in India are type D and C. Type D has 3 pin connections, while Type C (a.k.a. Europlug) has 2 pin connections. The power voltage in the country is 230 Volts and 50Hz.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is India's currency?
The rupee (one rupee = 100 paise) is the national currency of India.
How should I dress when visiting religious places in India?
A loose-fitting dress for a woman or the Indian Salwar Kameez and a simple shirt/t-shirt and pants for the man would take you into most religious places.
What is the average cost of accommodation in India?
Accommodation cost varies depending on the luxury you prefer while traveling. It can start from 1,000 rupees (basic) to any range, depending on the place and services.
How will the family members of diplomatic family who do not qualify for the Indian diplomatic visas be handled?
The family members may need to fly to India on an ‘Entry (X) Visa' if they are eligible. But if they visit India on a Tourist Visa, the restrictions as laid down on the Indian visa policy will be applicable to them.