Ukraine visa requirements for Mozambicans
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Mozambicans visiting Ukraine
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Ukrainian Visa.
- roof of financial support.
Ukraine Visa for Mozambicans
Facts about Ukraine
Types of Ukraine Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||5 working days||90 days|
|Business visa||5 working days||90 days|
|Medical visa||5 working days||90 days|
|Student visa||5 working days||90 days|
|Journalist visa||5 working days||90 days|
General Requirements for Ukraine Visa
- roof of financial support.
Ukraine Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Mozambicans with the intention to visit Ukraine for sightseeing, relaxation, and vacation are eligible for the Ukrainian tourist visa.
- There are two types of Ukrainian tourist visa:
- Short-term visa (type C) - which is issued to Mozambicans for entry to Ukraine if their stay in Ukraine does not exceed 90 days in a period of 180 days. This can be issued as singe-entry, double-entry and multi-entry visas with a period of six months.
- Long-term visa (type D) – this visa is issued to Mozambicans for entry to Ukraine with the intention to obtain a document allowing stay or residency in Ukraine for a period exceeding 90 days.
- Travelers holding a large sum of money (over €10,000) are required to have it declared in writing.
- Valid health insurance with coverage of at least 30,000 EUR is required. When a multi-entry visa is requested, the availability of health insurance valid for the first intended visit to Ukraine shall be considered.
- Visas will be issued free of charge to children under 6 years of age.
- Make sure you carry your passport at all times. Ukrainian law permits police to stop you for any reason and check your identification documents.
- Ukraine has a zero-tolerance policy for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Violations may result in fines, imprisonment, and/or deportation.
- Non-payment of traffic or parking fines may result in travel bans, which means you cannot leave the country until the fines (plus penalties) are paid.
Ukraine Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The Ukrainian business visa is available for Mozambican business travelers and representatives of business organizations traveling to Ukraine for business purposes.
- Any foreigner planning a business trip to Ukraine should get an official business visa on the basis of a business invitation. Such an invitation should be issued on official letterhead containing company registration number, date, signature, full information about the invited person, the purpose of visit, company obligations, etc.
- Mozambicans traveling to Ukraine for a conference meeting are required to show proof of pre-registration of the conference to be attended.
- Applicants should know that it is important to show details of travel arrangements and a copy of the flight confirmation showing exact entry and exit dates and locations.
- Business travelers must show evidence of available funds and this can be provided as a current bank statement no more than 3 months old, credit card statements are not accepted.
- Travel ticket to return to the country of civic or permanent residence with fixed date is required.
- Denial of the Ukrainian business visa might be based on the following:
- The applicant knowingly provided untrue information or other falsified documents.
- There is a threat to national security and public safety.
- There is no evidence confirming the purpose of intended stay in Ukraine.
- There are no documents enabling to establish the intention of the applicant to leave Ukraine prior to visa expiration.
Ukraine Medical Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The medical visa is issued to persons who plan to visit Ukraine to receive adequate treatment that cannot be gotten in the applicant’s country.
- Ukraine can boast of highly skilled healthcare providers that have been arranged in accordance with international standards to provide the best care to patients.
- An invitation letter issued by the medical institution in Ukraine that the applicant is going to get treatment is required. The letter should state that the doctor will take up the applicant’s treatment.
- A medical report from a local doctor in Ukraine indicating the ailment of the applicant should be provided. The report should state the reason the treatment is best gotten in Ukraine.
- Proof that the applicant can foot the bill of the medical fees should be provided.
- It is important that applicants show proof of travel medical insurance.
- At the end of the treatment, the applicant is expected to leave the country immediately.
Ukraine Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The Ukrainian student visa is issued to Mozambicans traveling to Ukraine with intentions to study.
- This visa is officially known as a Type D visa or Long term visa.
- Eligible applicants of this visa are foreigners who have been accepted into an academic establishment in Ukraine.
- Students are required to show valid proof of financial stability. Students should have at least 300 Euros monthly.
- An acceptance letter from the institution the applicant of this visa enrolled should be provided. The letter should carry the full name of the applicant, indicate the course the applicant has been offered, and state the duration of the program.
- Certificates and transcripts gotten from the previous schools attended by the applicant should be provided.
- If you are traveling to Ukraine via sponsorship, you are required to provide a sponsorship letter. This letter should be in the form of a court affidavit and made by a notary. This letter should include your sponsor’s name, all contact information, and a statement pledging to cover the expenses of the prospective student. The expenses to be covered by the sponsor should be clearly stated in the letter.
- A copy of the sponsor’s Identification card or international passport. The sponsor’s signature should be on the copy of the document submitted.
- A medical certificate from a physician in Mozambique which shows that the applicant is in good health condition is required.
- An HIV/AIDS test must be taken by the applicant.
Ukraine Journalist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- This visa type is granted to applicants working in the media.
- Journalists traveling to Ukraine who have the intention of covering a story or an event during their visit.
- A letter from the Mass Media in Mozambique with a request to issue a visa to the applicant traveling to Ukraine is required.
- An invitation letter issued by the Mozambican branch of the company the applicant is representing in Ukraine with a request for issuance of this visa.
- If the applicant of this visa is non-Mozambivcan, a copy of the applicant’s Mozambican stay permit is required.
- If you are traveling with an underage child, the original copy of the child’s stay permit should be provided.
- Applicants must provide a document that shows that they are in good health condition.
- Foreigners should ensure they abide by the rules guiding this particular visa.
Ukraine Visa Fees
Ukraine Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Mozambique
Av. Armando Tivane 1554, Maputo, Mozambique.
+258-21-497535, cell: +258-82-3027330
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Ukraine a safe place to visit?
With Ukraine in the news for all the wrong reasons, safety is a major concern for travelers these days. But although crime is on the rise, Ukraine remains a rather safe European destination, unless you venture into the war zone, which accounts for a tiny part of the country's territory in the far east.
Is English widely spoken in Ukraine?
Russian is widely in use in the country. Most people in Kiev and in Eastern Ukraine speak Russian as the main language while Ukrainian is the main language in Western Ukraine. Major restaurants, bars and hotels have English speaking staff, but in general, not much English is spoken in Ukraine.
Can International students work in Ukraine?
No, unfortunately, it is illegal for international students in Ukraine to work while studying.
Can you drink the water in Ukraine?
Tap water is chemically safe in Ukraine but it is recommended to boil water before drinking it. It is even better to use bottled purified water available almost in every shop. However, we recommend that you buy water in supermarkets, so you can be assured that the water is not spurious.