United Kingdom visa requirements for Burmeses
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Burmeses visiting United Kingdom
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Briton Visa.
United Kingdom Visa for Burmeses
Facts about United Kingdom
Types of United Kingdom Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||6 months||90 days|
|Student visa||6 months||more than 90 days|
|Work visa||6 months||more than 90 days|
General Requirements for United Kingdom Visa
United Kingdom Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The United Kingdom tourist visa is issued to Myanmars traveling to United Kingdom for the following purposes:
- To visit family members.
- Medical treatment.
- For professional reasons.
- The United Kingdom tourist visa is also known as a Standard Visitor's Visa and it is valid for 6 months.
- The United Kingdom Standard Visitor's Visa has replaced the following visas:
- Family Visitor visa.
- General Visitor visa.
- Child Visitor visa.
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists.
- Sports Visitor visa.
- Entertainer Visitor visa.
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa.
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa.
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa.
- Applicants must fill the UK tourist visa application form VAF1A online.
- Proof of financial means to cover living costs while you are in the UK must be provided.This should come in form of your bank statements for the last six months or payslips for the same period.
- Applicants must provide proof of accommodation in the UK. Proofs such as:
- ID information and living address of a person covering your travel costs.
- ID information and passport number of any relative living here.
- A detailed travel itinerary must be provided. It has to contain dates of your onward and backward travel.
- Previous travel history must be provided by the applicant. This has to cover the period of the last 10 years.
- Visitors are required to provide biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
- Letter of invitation from the host must be provided.
- Proof of a clean criminal record must be provided.
- If you are a student: Academic and professional certificates.
- The names and birth dates of your natural/adoptive parents must be provided.
- If you are employed in your home country: Contact and information of your existing employer is required.
- Visitors will need to submit the requests of a Tuberculosis Test in order to be eligible for a UK Visa.
- Visitors traveling to UK for private medical treatment must bring the following:
- Letter confirming your medical condition. Issued by a UK doctor/consultant, naming your disease and the need for the cure in the UK. It has to also show costs, place and the period of private cure.
- Proof of having paid the complete costs of medical care.
- Letter confirming you need further care. (If you’re applying for a visa extension).
United Kingdom Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Myanmars traveling to the UK for study purposes are eligible for the UK student visa.
- The UK student visa is also known as a Tier 4 general student visa.
- If you’re studying a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for the
- If you’re studying a longer course, you’ll need to make sure your chosen institution holds a . You can either apply for a (if you’re aged 4-17 and want to study at an independent school in the UK) or a for those aged 16 and over
- Applicants over the age of 16 years can apply for this visa.
- It is important that the applicant pay for a healthcare surcharge as part of your application.
- Although this is a student visa, students cannot study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school).
- In order to meet the UK student requirements, you need to provide the following:
- Proof of financial support must be provided, this can take the form of bank statements or a letter from your financial sponsor, showing you can cover your tuition fees, accommodation and living costs. You must prove that you have £1,015 per month for living costs if studying in the UK outside of London, and £1,265 a month for living costs if studying in London.
United Kingdom Work Visa Eligibility & Requirements
United Kingdom Visa Fees
United Kingdom Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Myanmar
British Embassy in Yangon, Myanmar --- 80 Strand Road Box No 638 Yangon Myanmar
(+95) (1) 370 865 / 7
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I stay in UK after study?
Under current law regulations in UK you're allowed to stay in the country for the duration of your student visa. As such you are allowed to remain in the country for up to 12 months after getting your degree using your student visa.
Does UK visa require interview?
In order to qualify for the UK Student Visa, applicants must submit the completed application form, submit the necessary documents, pay the visa fee, and appear for the visa interview.
Is UK and Great Britain the same?
The UK is short for The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
What is the religion of the UK?
The UK's official religion is Christianity, and churches of all denominations can be found throughout the UK, such as Catholic, Protestant, Baptist and Methodist.