India visa requirements for Niueans
Travel and visa requirements
Indian Visa is not required for Niueans
Stay Duration: 60 days
- To visit India, Niue nationals are required to apply for the Indian e-visa that is issued with 60 days duration.
- To obtain your Indian e-visa, you have to apply for it at the website of the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Having met all the requirements demanded upon your e-visa application, your Indian e-visa will be processed within 5 working days.
- To visit India, your international passport must be valid for at least six(6) months above the date of your entry into the country, and you must leave at least two blanked pages on your passport for necessary stampings.
- Proof of hotel reservation or any other means of accommodation when you arrive in India.
- Proof of round-trip or onward ticket should be made available before your arrival into the country.
- Airport tax is not levied either on entering or exiting the country's airports.
- National identity (ID) card of Niue nationals are required.
- Indian standard time zone is(GMT+5:30), while that of Niue is (GMT-11). This implies that India is 16 hours, 30 minutes ahead of Niue.
- Flights' estimated time to travel from Alofi, Niue to Delhi, India is 1 day, 3 hours.
- Airlines flying to India from Nieu are as follows: Air New Zealand, Qantas, THAI, China Southern, Singapore Airlines, Air India and China Airlines.
- The telephone code used in India is (+91) for both local and international communications.
- The official currency of India is Indian Rupee(INR), while Indian capital is Delhi.
- Importation and exportation of the Indian currency up to INR 25,000 is permissible except for the citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan not living in India.
- Foreign currency up to INR 25,000 imported in the country must be declared to the customs upon your arrival.
- Your baggage will be cleared at your first entry into the Indian airport, except passengers transiting to a destination that is not India.
- For arms and ammunition importation, an import permit is required from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- WPC license issued by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology is required for the importation of remote-controlled drones and helicopters.
- Importation of Pets into the country requires a health certificate. Examination will be conducted on all pets imported into the country by the Quarantine Officer.
- India is known for its birthplace of some religions that are even existing to date.
- India is known as the land of spirituality and philosophy. For this reason, the contribution of India to today's world spirituality cannot be overemphasized.
- India has about 15 international airports in different parts of the country, some of them include Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), New Delhi, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM), Mumbai, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU), Kolkata, Kempegowda International Airport (BLR), Bangalore, Chennai International Airport (MAA), Chennai, etc..
- Travellers who are visiting India through the Indian e-visa can enter India through the Indian 28 airports (some mentioned above) and 5 seaports.
- An average of $60 USD per day can cater for your expenses in India.
- Multiple religions are practised in India while Hinduism accounts for 80% of its population practitioners. Other religions such as Islam, Sikhism, Christianity, Jainism, Zoroastrianism and Judaism are practised by the rest of the population.
- Plugs and sockets used in India are type D and C. Type D has 3 Pin connections, while Type C(a.k.a. Europlug) has 2 Pin connections. The power voltage in the country is 230 Volts and 50Hz.
- Taj Mahal's Iconic domed Mughal Mausoleum, Amber Palace's 16th-century hilltop fort and Palace, Red Fort's Iconic 1600s Imperial residence, Hawa Mahal's Pink/red sandstone and Palace of the winds etc... are the fascinating sites to explore when visiting India.
- Aloo gobi, butter chicken, rogan josh, samosa, tandoori chicken, kofta, naan etc... are the best delicacies you will, later on, reminisce about when you visited India. Their spiciness is just so extraordinary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What plug types are used in India?
Plugs and sockets used in India are of type D and C. Type D has 3 pin connections, while Type C (a.k.a. Europlug) has 2 pin connections. The power voltage in the country is 230 Volts and 50Hz.
What is the population of India?
Indian population is estimated to be over 1 billion people. The country accounts for the second most populated country in the world, after China.
What are the major international airports in India?
The 5 major international airports in India are as follows: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), New Delhi, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM), Mumbai, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU), Kolkata, Kempegowda International Airport (BLR), Bangalore and the Chennai International Airport (MAA), Chennai.
What are the requirements to fulfill to travel to India with pets?
Importation of pets into India requires a good veterinarian health certificate and rabies vaccination certificate. Examination will be conducted on all pets imported into the country by the Quarantine Officer.