India visa requirements for Filipinos
Travel and visa requirements
Indian Visa is not required for Filipinos
Stay Duration: 60 days
- For the citizens of the Philipines to visit India, they will have to apply for the Indian e-visa.
- The stay duration is variable, ranging from 60 to 180 days of stay.
- 90 days is issued to tourist travellers, while 180 days is issued to business visitors.
- To obtain your Indian e-visa, you have to apply for it at the website of the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Having met all the requirements demanded upon your e-visa application, your Indian e-visa will be processed within 5 working days.
- To visit India, your international passport must be valid for at least six(6) months above the date of your entry into the country, and you must leave at least two blanked pages on your passport for necessary stampings.
- Proof of round-trip or onward ticket should be made available before your arrival into the country.
- Airport tax is not levied on travellers either on entering or exiting the country's airports.
- Indian standard time zone is(GMT+5:30), hence, the Philippines is 2 hours, 30 minutes above Indian.
- Flights' estimated time to fly to Delhi, India from the Manila, Philippines is 9 hours, 40 minutes.
- Airlines travelling to India are Air India, Philippine Airlines, Cathay Pacific, THAI and Singapore Airlines.
- The telephone code used in India is (+91) for both local and international communications.
- The official currency of India is Indian Rupee(INR), while Indian capital is Delhi.
- Importation and exportation of the Indian currency up to INR 25,000 is permissible except for the citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan not living in India.
- Foreign currency up to INR 25,000 imported in the country must be declared to the customs upon your arrival.
- Your luggage is cleared at your first entry into the Indian airport, except passengers transiting to a destination that is not India.
- For arms and ammunition importation, import Permit is required from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- WPC license issued by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology is required for the importation of remote-controlled drones and helicopters.
- Importation of Pets into the country requires a health certificate. Examination will be conducted on all pets imported into the country by the Quarantine Officer.
- Multiple religions are practised in India while Hinduism accounts for 80% of its population practitioners. Other religions such as Islam, Sikhism, Christianity, Jainism, Zoroastrianism and Judaism are practised by the rest of the population.
- India is known for its birthplace of some religions that are even existing to date.
- India is known as the land of spirituality and philosophy. For this reason, the contribution of India to today's world spirituality cannot be overemphasized.
- Plugs and sockets used in India are of type D and C. Type D has 3 pin connections, while Type C (a.k.a. Europlug) has 2 pin connections. The power voltage in the country is 230 Volts and 50Hz.
- Aloo gobi, butter chicken, rogan josh, samosa, tandoori chicken, kofta, naan etc., are some of the delicacies you will, later on, reminisce about after visiting India. Their spiciness is just so extraordinary.
- Taj Mahal's iconic domed Mughal Mausoleum, Amber Palace's 16th-century hilltop fort and palace, Red Fort's iconic 1600s imperial residence, Hawa Mahal's pink/red sandstone and Palace of the Winds etc., are some of the fascinating sites to explore when in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the best time to visit India?
India's weather is considered more friendly during the months between October and March.
What is India known for?
India is known for its diversity in culture. It is home to various cultures from all over the world falling into one place.
How many days will it take to process my Indian visa?
India visa is processed within 5 business days, given that you have met all the requirements demanded. There could be a delay in your visa processing if all the information you supplied on your visa form is not sufficient or the Indian visa officers are trying to examine your information for accurate data confirmation.
Can I export the Indian local currency when travelling out of India?
Importation and exportation of Indian currency up to INR 25,000 is permissible except for citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan not living in India.