Myanmar visa requirements for Filipinos
Travel and visa requirements
Burmese Visa is not required for Filipinos
Stay Duration: 28 days
- Citizens of the Philippines who to visit Myanmar should apply for either Myanmar e-visa or visa on arrival.
- The duration of stay granted on both visas is 28 days.
- Philippine nationals should apply for the Philippine e-visa online.
- International passports with the validity of six(6) months after your arrival in the Philippines and blank passport pages for necessary stampings are required.
- Onward and Return flight ticket should accompany your Philippine passport.
- Airport tax is levied on all entries and exits.
- The estimated flight time from Manila, Philippines to Naypyitaw, Myanmar is 7 hours, 40 minutes.
- The flights that operate between the two countries are THAI, Bangkok Airways.
- Amounts in excess of the $10,000 US dollars equivalent must be declared upon entry and exit.
- Myanmar's standard time zone is (GMT+6:30). This makes Philippines 1 hour, 30 minutes ahead of Myanmar.
- The telephone code of Myanmar is (+95) for both international and local communication.
- A Yellow fever certificate of vaccination may be required from visitors arriving from their respective countries.
- Pet animals brought by travellers must be accompanied by a health certificate.
- The Republic of the Union of Myanmar is also known as Burma.
- Myanmar produces precious stones such as rubies, sapphires, pearls and jade.
- Myanmar is also the world's second-largest producer of opium accounting for 25% of entire world production and is a major source of illegal drugs including amphetamines.
- The most popular and available tourist destinations in Myanmar include big cities such as Yangon and Mandalay; religious sites in Mon State, Pindaya, Bago and Hpa-An nature trails in Inle Lake KengTung, Putao, Pyin Oo Pwin; ancient cities such as Bagan and Mrauk-U; as well as beaches in Nabule, Ngapali, Ngwe-Saung, Mergui.
- Tourists also love to visit the Kayan tribe of Myanmar where women wear elongated neck rings as part of their cultural attire.
- The official language of Myanmar is Burmese.
- A large majority of the population practices Buddhism with a minority of Christians, Muslims, Hindus and Jews.
- Burmese cuisine is characterized by extensive use of fish products such as fish sauce, ngapi (fermented seafood) and dried prawn.
- Football is a popular sport and it is played all over the country even in villages.
- Banks do not open on Saturdays and Sundays in Myanmar.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the telephone code use in Myanmar?
The telephone code of Myanmar is (+95) for both international and local communication.
Where is Myanmar situated on the Asian continent?
Myanmar positioned itself in Southeast Asia neighboring China, Laos and Thailand.
What is the official language of Myanmar?
The Burmese is the official language of Myanmar.
What is the official currency of Myanmar?
Kyat(MMK) is the local currency accepted as the legal tender of the country.
What is the capital city of Myanmar?
Yangon is the capital city and economic hub of Myanmar.