EXPLORE SENEGALView all hotels in Senegal
Popular cities in Senegal
- Abéné Festivalo, a 10-day drumming festival that rings in the New Year.
- Independence Day, a celebration of Senegal’s independence from France.
- Dak’Art Biennale, takes place in May every two years. Features display of works from various artists.
- St Louis Jazz Festival.
- Kaay Fecc, a celebration of traditional and contemporary dance.
- Gorée Diaspora Festival, held between November and December, it features music and showcases, along with conferences and discussions.
- Lake Retba: known as Pink Lake for its bright colour. This lake has high salt content which allows swimmers to float above the waters.
- Goree Island (Île de Gorée): home to the House of Slaves built by the Dutch to hold captives, now a tourist attraction. Goree Island also has several museums where you can learn about African art and history.
- Niokolo-Koba National Park: a World Heritage Site that is home to several of Senegal’s wildlife species. It also features a waterfall, The Dindefelo Falls tower more than 360 feet above this stunning landscape
- Saloum Delta National Park: the park is home to the Fathala Game Reserve, which you can explore through hiking or safari tours. You can watch rare animals and birds at the Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary.
Senegal key facts
West African CFA franc
How do I travel out of Senegal?Get Visa from Senegal
For Senegalese looking to travel out of the country. You can check out the list of destinations, how to Get Visa to those countries, Embassies in Senegal and Visa Free Countries for Senegalese passport holders