Mozambique visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Mozambican Visa is not required for South Africans
Stay Duration: 3 months
- South African passport holders can stay visa free in Mozambique for a duration of 3 months.
- Intending visitors to Mozambique can stay on a tourist or business visa.
- South Africans can enter Mozambique with no visa required.
- Visitors on a tourist visa cannot engage in any employment while in Mozambique.
- Before entry into Mozambique, visitors must have two passport photographs, a hotel booking confirmation or invitation letter, a return ticket and evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of your stay.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months with 3 or more blank pages.
Frequently Asked Questions
What currency is used in Mozambique??
The Mozambican Metical is the currency of Mozambique.
What is the cheapest time of the year to visit Mozambique??
The months of December to February is usually the high season and most expensive time to visit Mozambique. However, the month of May is the cheapest time of the year to visit Mozambique.
What's the best time to visit Mozambique??
If the main focus of you visiting Mozambique is game viewing then the best time to visit Mozambique is during the dry months of August and September when the bush has thinned out and wildlife is concentrated around rivers and waterholes.
What is Mozambique known for??
Mozambique is known for its sculptures, fresh seafood and marvellous beaches.
What dish is famous among the Mozambique people??
The chicken Peri Peri is a famous dish in Mozambique.