Philippines visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Filipino Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- The Philippines is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia. Its capital is Manila which serves as the center of the country's cultural, economic, social and political activity.
- Thailand citizens are eligible to visit the Philippines without a visa and stay up to 30 days.
- Thailand citizens willing to spend beyond 30 days should apply for a visa at the Philippines embassy or apply for an extension of stay at the Bureau of Immigration office in the Philippines.
- Necessary documents needed for entering the Philippines are a return ticket to origin country and a valid passport for at least six (6) months beyond the stay in the Philippines.
- The Philippines is known for having numerous beautiful beaches with delicious fruits.
- The official languages in the Philippines are Filipino and English.
- The Philippines is known to be the only nation in Asia with a high number of Christian domination.
- The Philippine Peso is the currency of the Philippines with the code PHP and symbol ₱.
- The Philippines climate comes in 5 types - tropical rainforest, tropical savanna, tropical monsoon, humid subtropical characterized by high temperature, oppressive humidity and plenty of rainfall.
- Visitors are eligible to carry up to USD 10,000 or its equivalent in any other foreign currency, in cash or other monetary instruments, into and out of the Philippines.
- The Philippines time zone is 8 hours ahead of the Greenwich Meridian Time. The country observes the same time all year, no daylight saving time.
- The required vaccines before entering the Philippines are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Some top tourist centers to visit in the Philippines include; Boracay, Banaue Rice Terraces, Chocolate Hills, Tubbataha Reef, and San Agustin Church.
- Philippines uses 220V, 60Hz with sockets and plugs Type A, Type B, and Type C.
- Airline operators in the Philippines are Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, AirAsia Philippines, Cebgo, Xiamen Airlines, Jeju Air, Royal Air Charter, SkyJet Airlines, Bangkok Airways, Singapore Airlines, Scoot Tigerair, and Thai Airways.
- The time difference between Thailand and the Philippines is 18 hours. The Philippines is ahead of Thailand.
- The flight duration from Thailand to the Philippines is 11 hours 58 minutes while the distance is 9,131 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Philippines safe to visit?
Yes, most parts of the country are safe but travelers are advised to avoid the southern region unless absolutely necessary.
What kind of credit card is use in the Philippines?
Most common cards like Master and Visa cards are used. Also, American Express can be used in large cities.
When is the best time to visit Philippine?
The best time to travel to the Philippines is from December to February because it is during the dry and coolest season.
How much should I budget per day in the Philippines?
You can spend $25-30 USD per day in the Philippines. Sleeping, eating, and transportation included just for one person.