Switzerland visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Thais visiting Switzerland
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Swiss Visa.
- cm) in white background.
Switzerland Visa for Thais
Facts about Switzerland
Types of Switzerland Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||2 weeks||90 days|
|Business visa||2 weeks||90 days|
|Student visa||2 weeks||more than 90 days|
|Work visa||2 weeks||more than 90 days|
General Requirements for Switzerland Visa
- cm) in white background.
Switzerland Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The Swiss tourist visa is available to Thais traveling to Switzerland for tourism and visitation purposes.
- Switzerland is part of the Schengen countries, therefore visitors can apply for a Schengen visa.
- This visa is valid for 90 days and is extendable to 180 days.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation is required, this shows you have the incentive of returning to Thailand.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Switzerland and the entire Schengen area id required.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Switzerland and your travel flight itinerary is required. The flight itinerary must include dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Switzerland.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Switzerland. This can be in form of a hotel reservation.
- Applicants traveling for visitation purposes are required to provide invitation letters.
- Proof of civil status such as marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc must be provided.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Switzerland. This can be in form of a recent bank statement.
- There are no currency restrictions in and out of Switzerland. Although officers may question you if you have over 10,000 Swiss Francs (CHF) in possession.
- If you plan to drive on motorways in Switzerland you must purchase a toll sticker (vignette), which must be affixed to the car’s windshield.
- These are available online, at gas stations, and at border crossings. Rental cars usually have a vignette already; be sure to check with your car rental agency.
- Failure to comply with traffic rules can result in large fines.
Switzerland Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Thais looking to travel to Switzerland for business purposes.
Switzerland Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Thais looking to travel to Switzerland to study in one of the institutions should apply for a Swiss student visa.
- There are two types of Swiss student visa:
- Type C study visa – for short courses (summer schools, language schools) that last only for three months.
- Type D study visa – for courses that last longer than three months.
- Before you can be granted a visa, you must provide the following documents during visa application:
- Letter of acceptance issued by a Swiss university or any learning institution.
- Proof of payment of the registration and tuition fees (original and copy).
- Letter from the institution in case all expenses for the study will be covered by scholarship or loan.
- Letter of motivation.
- If you apply for a Type D visa and plan to stay in Switzerland longer than three months, you will have to arrange to get your residence permit from the cantonal migration offices within 14 days after your arrival.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover your living costs in Switzerland for the duration of schooling is required. Students are required to provide evidence of having 21,000 CHF at the beginning of each year of study.
- International students can take up part-time work for up to 15 hours a week during the semester and they can work full-time during holidays. But you have to have lived in Switzerland for six months before you can take a job as a student.
- It is better to schedule the appointment for a visa interview as early as 6 months before your planned day of travel to Switzerland, but no later than ten weeks before.
- There are no specific language (including Switzerland official languages Romansh) requirements for a study visa for Switzerland. On the other hand, universities will require proof of language proficiency when you apply.
- In some cases, the embassy will want to evaluate your language knowledge based on a short interview at the consulate, or even an oral and written test.
- Unless the application form and all required documents are in French, German or English, you will need a certified translation of all documents into one of these languages.
Switzerland Visa Fees
Switzerland Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Thailand
Swiss Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand --- 35 North Wireless Road P.O. Box 821 Bangkok 10501 Bangkok 10330 Thailand
(+66) 2 674 69 00
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I travel to Switzerland on a Schengen visa?
Yes you can travel to Switzerland with the Schengen Visa and it is valid for 90 days.
How long does it take to get a Switzerland visa?
The processing time for a Switzerland visa is generally 2 weeks.
Can foreigners work in Switzerland?
Switzerland allows foreigners to work in the country for a particular period of time.
What is the minimum salary in Switzerland?
The minimum hourly salary in Switzerland is 22.61 Swiss francs.