India visa requirements for Tuvaluans
Travel and visa requirements
Indian Visa is not required for Tuvaluans
Stay Duration: 60 days
- Tuvalu citizens about to visit India should apply for the Indian electronic visa (e-visa)
- This Indian e-visa laced with a span of 60 days, is issued freely to Tuvalu nationals.
- An international passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival, having blanked pages for necessary stampings is required.
- To obtain your Indian e-visa, you have to apply through the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website.
- Having met all the requirements demanded upon your e-visa application, your Indian e-visa will be processed within 5 business days.
- Your duly completed e-visa print-out application form is required.
- Proof of hotel reservation or any other means of accommodation when you arrive in India.
- Proof of round-trip or onward ticket should be made available before your arrival in any of the Indian airport.
- Your national identity card issued to you in your origin country is required.
- Travellers who remain in India beyond the validity of their visa could face detention and significant penalties.
- Tourists below the age of 18 are required to provide an Authorisation form signed by a parent.
- You will not be required to pay any airport tax upon your departure from the airport.
- India Standard Time zone is (GMT+5:30), while Tuvalu standard time zone is (GMT+12). This positions India 6 hours, 30 minutes behind Tuvalu.
- The anticipated time to travel by flights to Delhi, India, from Funafuti, Tuvalu is 31 hours.
- That is, Tuvalu citizens will have to spend 1 day, 7 hours to fly to India.
- Airlines flying to Delhi, India from Funafuti, Tuvalu are Fiji Airways, Emirates, Vistara, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and British Airways.
- The telephone code used in India is (+91) for both local and international communications.
- The official currency of India is Indian Rupee(INR), while Indian capital is Delhi.
- Importation and exportation of the Indian currency up to INR 25,000 are permissible except for the citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan not living in India.
- Foreign currency up to INR 25,000 imported in the country must be declared to the customs upon your arrival.
- Your luggage is cleared at your first entry into the Indian airport, except passengers transiting to a destination that is not India.
- For arms and ammunition importation, an import permit is required from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- WPC license issued by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology is required for the importation of remote-controlled drones and helicopters.
- Importation of Pets into the country requires a health certificate. Examination will be conducted on all pets imported into the country by the Quarantine Officer.
- At departure, visitors are only allowed to possess foreign currencies up to the amount that was declared upon entry.
- Due to the outbreak of swine flu (H1N1), all travellers will be subject to examination by Indian medical staff upon arrival.
- An average of $60 USD per day can cater for your expenses in India.
- visitors aged 17 years or more are allowed the free import of 250 grammes of tobacco, 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars, two litres of alcoholic drinks or wine, moderate amounts of medicines and two ounces of perfume and a quarter of a litre of eau de toilette.
- The transport system in India comprises a number of distinct modes and services, notably railways, roads, road transport, ports, inland water transport, coastal shipping, airports, and airlines but railways and roads are the dominant means of transport carrying more than 95% of total traffic generated in the country.
- The national language for India is Hindi in Devanagari script while the English language is used for official purposes.
- India is known for its birthplace of some religions that are even existing to date. India is known as the land of spirituality and philosophy. For this reason, the contribution of India to today's world spirituality cannot be overemphasized.
- The Indian rupee (sign: ₹; code: INR) is the official currency of India.
- Taj Mahal's iconic domed Mughal Mausoleum, Amber Palace's 16th-century hilltop fort and palace, Red Fort's iconic 1600s imperial residence, Hawa Mahal's pink/red sandstone and Palace of the Winds etc., are some of the fascinating sites to explore when in India.
- Aloo gobi, butter chicken, rogan josh, samosa, tandoori chicken, kofta, naan etc., are some of the delicacies you will, later on, reminisce about after visiting India. Their spiciness is just so extraordinary.
- Plugs and sockets used in India are of type D and C. Type D has 3 pin connections, while Type C (a.k.a. Europlug) has 2 pin connections. The power voltage in the country is 230 Volts and 50Hz.
- India has about 15 international airports in different parts of the country, some of them include Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), New Delhi, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM), Mumbai, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU), Kolkata, Kempegowda International Airport (BLR), Bangalore, Chennai International Airport (MAA), Chennai, etc..
- Travellers who are visiting India through the Indian e-visa can enter India through the Indian 28 airports (some mentioned above) and 5 seaports.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the best time to visit India?
October and March is the best time to visit India. It is time when there is less rain, and the weather is considered warm and dry.
Is it allowed to apply for the Indian visa online?
Yes, you can apply for your Indian visa online. It is advisable for you to apply for your Indian visa 5 days prior to your departure to India.
What is India's and Tuvalu's standard time zone?
India Standard Time zone is (GMT+5:30), while Tuvalu standard time zone is (GMT+12). This positions India 6 hours, 30 minutes behind Tuvalu.
Which place is the most toured place by tourists when visit India?
The most popular destination tourists from all around the world tour the most in India is Kerala. It is located in Malabar Coast.