Hong Kong visa requirements for Algerians
Travel and visa requirements
Hong Kongese Visa is not required for Algerians
Stay Duration: 14 days
- Visa is not required for Algerians visiting Hong Kong
- Algerians are allowed to stay in for a maximum of 14 days in Hong Kong.
- Algerian travellers will require a return/onward ticket when visiting Hong Kong, as well as a proof of hotel accommodations and an international certificate of vaccination.
- Algerians visiting Hong Kong are required to provide a passport with six months of validity and at least two blank pages for stamps on departure.
- Hong kong is seven hours ahead of Algeria.
- The standard electrical voltage in Hong Kong is 220 volts AC, 50Hz. Most hotel bathrooms also have outlets for 100 volts, but if not, you will need a transformer for any appliance or electrical equipment. The majority of electrical outlets in Hong Kong take a three-pronged UK-style plug.
- The transport system in Hong Kong include; the land transportation which comprises of the MTR (Mass Transit Railway), taxis, buses, minibuses and tramways (available on Hong Kong Island). Also, there are ferry services between Kowloon and Hong Kong Island, and to the Outlying Islands.
- Travellers are prohibited from importing and re-exporting of all elephant ivory and its products, including tourist souvenirs. Offenders will be fined or face imprisonment.
- Hong Kong has a subtropical climate; it is mostly mild half of the year. The warmest times are from late May to mid-September, while the coolest times are from mid-December to February.
- The best time to visit Hong Kong is from October to early December, when the weather is sunny, cool, and pleasant. While January to February is the best time to experience festivals in Hong Kong.
- If you intend to take a ride on the Mass Transit Railway (MTR), you are expected to have a ticket. There is zero tolerance for ticketless rides.
- Visitors entering Hong Kong with e-cigarettes containing nicotine will need a medical prescription indicating that they’re for personal use.
- It is illegal for visitors travelling to through Hong Kong International Airport to carry certain items including stun guns, objects with sharp points or edges (eg samurai swords) and martial arts equipment (eg knuckledusters). Offenders are liable to a severe fine or imprisonment.
- The level of violent crime is very low but pickpocketing and other street crime can occur. You should take extra care of your passports, credit cards and money in crowded areas and when checking in and out of hotels.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the hottest month in Hong Kong?
The weather is extremely hot and humid between late May to the mid-September, with frequent thunderstorms and occasional typhoons. Average temperature is 28 C (82 F). T
Is it safe to travel to Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is a safe place to travel for female travellers, but it is always good to exercise precautions like you would in any other city.
What is the best time to visit Hong Kong?
What should I wear in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong may have a sub-tropical climate, but leave your flip flops, shorts, and tank tops at home and carry long sleeve shirts, jeans/long pants, and a jacket if intend to visit in the winter months. Add your fall boots or a pair of warm shoes to your Hong Kong packing list, too.
How do you get around in Hong Kong?
Exact change is required to travel on buses and trams so Octopus is the most convenient way to pay. Airport Express Travel Pass (one way/return HK$250/350) As well as travelto/from the airport, it allows three consecutive days of mostly unlimited travel on the MTR, Light Rail and MTR Bus.