Austria visa requirements for Burkinabes
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Burkinabes visiting Austria
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Austrian Visa.
- ), against a white background.
Austria Visa for Burkinabes
Facts about Austria
Types of Austria Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||15 days||90 days|
|Transit visa||15 days||24 hours|
|Student visa||15 days||3 years|
General Requirements for Austria Visa
- ), against a white background.
Austria Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Burkinabés looking to travel to Austria for tourism purposes can apply for the Austrian tourist visa.
- Austria is a Schengen country, and you can apply for a Schengen Type C visa.
- The visa is valid for 90 days.
- Frequent travelers to the Schengen Area do not have to give new finger scans every time they apply for a new visa. Once finger scans are stored in VIS, they can be re-used for further visa applications over a 5-year period.
- Proof of accommodation in Austria is necessary. This could be in the form of a hotel reservation or an affirmation that you'll be accommodated by your host in Austria.
- Applicants must show proof they have enough funds to last them the entire duration of stay. For this, the applicant is expected to provide an up-to-date transaction history of the last three months as close to the application date as possible.
- Basically you should have enough money to support your stay in Austria when. You are required to have 50 to 60 euros per day.
- Travel insurance with a minimum coverage of €30,000 is required. This is to take care of any possible health problems the applicant might encounter in Austria.
- Travelers are not allowed to enter or exit Austria with more than €10,000.
- Visa applications should ideally be submitted at least 3-4 weeks prior to departure. If the application is filed less than 15 calendar days before departure, the issuance of the visa on time cannot be guaranteed.
- All documents must be drawn up in or translated into English or German.
- Applications cannot be submitted more than 3 months prior to departure.
- All visa applicants must appear in person.
- Minors under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Please note that there is no legal claim on obtaining the visa you applied for. In the event changes are made to the application after it was received, additional fees may apply.
Austria Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The Austrian student is for Burkinabés who are intending to study in an Austrian institution, conduct research or even undergo some kind of educational training and internship for more than 6 months.
- If you are intending to stay for more than 6 months it is possible to apply for a residence permit for students within Austria.
- Within 3 working days of arrival in Austria, you have to register with the registration office (Meldeamt) at your place of residence.
- The general processing period for a Residence Permit for students is 90 days. Please note that you may have to start preparations early due to possible required legalization and translation of your documents.
- Proof of financial means. Evidence that shows you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay in Austria. This could be a:
- Students are required to have at least 50 euros per day to cover their daily finances.
- Students up to 24 years of age have to prove that they have at least 515,30 euros per month; students of 24 years of age or older have to prove that they have at least 933,06 Euros per month.
- Admission letter/proof of admission from an Austrian Institution must be provided. Your admission letter should come from the school which offers you admission. This will help to confirm your admission status.
Austria Transit Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- This visa is for those who need to transit through Austrian airports to reach their non-Schengen travel destination country.
- You'll need to present a valid visa and flight ticket of your final destination country while applying for this visa.
- Minors are required to submit an unabridged original copy of their birth certificate and signed letter of consent from their parents.
- Receipt of paid visa application fee is required to be submitted by applicant.
- You are not allowed to study or take up any kind of employment during your time in the country.
- The visa is valid for 24 hours.
- You are required to exit the country before the visa expires.
- Burkinabés will not be granted an extension to this visa.
- This visa costs €60 and usually takes about 15 days to process.
Austria Visa Fees
Austria Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Burkina Faso
Austrian Representative Office in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Boulevard Charles de Gaulle 01 BP 106 Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
(+226) (50) 31 28 44
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for an Austrian visa to be processed?
In general, decisions on complete and valid applications for a C-visa should be made within 15 days (excluding the day of submission of the application and forwarding to the embassy). In exceptional cases, this period may be extended to 30 or even 60 days.
How do I know if my visa is rejected?
If your application is rejected, the last page in your passport will be stamped "Application Received" with the date and location of the rejecting consulate. A consular officer will recognize this notation as meaning some type of prior visa application has failed and they will look closely into your application.
Do they speak English in Austria?
The national language in Austria is German. For the record, there is no such thing as “Austrian.” Yes, many Austrians know and speak a bit of English.