Belgium visa requirements for Burkinabes
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Burkinabes visiting Belgium
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Belgian Visa.
Belgium Visa for Burkinabes
Facts about Belgium
Types of Belgium Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||15 - 30 days||90 days|
|Business visa||15 - 30 day||90 days|
|Work visa||15 - 30 days||1 year +|
General Requirements for Belgium Visa
Belgium Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Burkinabés planning to visit Belgium for a short-term trip can apply for a tourist Schengen Visa to Belgium.
- This visa is valid for 90 days.
- The Schengen visa allows barrier-free travel between all its member states, however, if you want to apply for a visa through the Belgium embassy, you need to be sure whether you are either going to spend most of your travel time in Belgium or you intend to enter other Schengen regions through a Belgian city. This information will be asked of you during your visa interview.
- Belgian authorities offer you the opportunity to choose in which of the three national languages of Belgium you wish your application to be treated (French, German or Dutch). On the other hand, if you choose to complete the application in English, please choose “no preference”.
- You are required to submit a document, which confirms that you have purchased travel insurance for Belgium and the whole territory of Schengen, with a minimum of €30,000 coverage for medical emergencies, and repatriation in case of death.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Belgium must be provided. According to the Belgian Immigration Office, a traveler has to attest possessing €95 per day if staying in a hotel, and €45 when planning to get accommodated by cheaper means.
- You are subject to local laws. If you violate local laws, even unknowingly, you may be expelled, arrested, or imprisoned. Penalties for possessing, using, or trafficking in illegal drugs in Belgium are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and heavy fines.
- Emergency services are efficient and responsive. For police emergencies, dial 101 by phone within Belgium. For all other emergencies, dial 112.
- You are also not allowed to take up paid work on this visa.
Belgium Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Burkinabés looking to travel for business purposes.
Belgium Work Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- A-work permit -
Belgium Visa Fees
Belgium Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Burkina Faso
Belgian Embassy in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Blauwduifweg 5 Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days it will take to get Belgium visa?
The processing time for a Belgian Schengen visa may take up to 15 days, in a normal situation. In some cases, this period may be extended to up to 30 days, depending on the reason presented.
Can I work in Belgium with a student visa?
If you're a foreign student enrolled at a Belgian educational institution and have a valid residence permit, you can work up to 20 hours a week during school time, as long as it does not interfere with your studies.
What is blue card in Belgium?
The European blue card is a work permit as well as a residence permit for highly-qualified 'third-country nationals' willing to stay and work in an EU Member State.