Botswana visa requirements for Burkinabes
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Burkinabes visiting Botswana
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Botswana Visa.
Botswana Visa for Burkinabes
Facts about Botswana
Types of Botswana Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||2 weeks- 2 months||30 days|
|Business visa||2 weeks- 2 months||90 days|
General Requirements for Botswana Visa
Botswana Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Burkinabés traveling to Botswana can apply for the Botswana tourist visa.
- The Botswana tourist visa is valid for 30 days.
- Travelers will have to transit through South Africa to get to Botswana.
- Fingerprints will be captured at the point of entry in Botswana. Applicants will be required to have their finger captured as one of the requirements.
- Applicants are required to provide a cover letter. If you are coming by road, specify on the cover letter and include your contacts, e.g. telephone number.
- Travel schedule, flight itinerary, and hotel bookings are required by travelers.
Botswana Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The Botswana business visa is for Burkinabés who are looking to travel for business purposes.
- This visa is valid for 90 days.
Botswana Visa Fees
Botswana Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Burkina Faso
Botswana currently does not maintain an embassy in Burkina Faso. Citizens of Burina Faso are advised to use embassies/consulates in their neighboring countries for their applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Botswana safe for tourists?
Botswana is one of the safest countries in Africa, and attacks towards tourists are rare and the locals are welcoming and warm. Tourists are nevertheless expected to take necessary cautions while in the country.
How large is Botswana?
Botswana is the 47th largest country in the world by area (581,730 total sq. km). The top 10 largest countries and dependencies in the world by area are Russia, Canada, China, United States, Brazil, Australia, India, Argentina, Kazakhstan, and Algeria.
Do I need malaria tablets for Botswana?
Most travellers to Botswana will need vaccinations for hepatitis A, typhoid fever, and polio, as well as medications for travellers' diarrhoea. Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for travellers to the northern part of the country.
Can I travel to Botswana if am pregnant?
It is not advisable to travel to Botswana, especially to a malaria-infected area when you are pregnant. Pregnant women planning to travel are however advised to visit a medical practitioner before embarking.