Egypt visa requirements for Burkinabes
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Burkinabes visiting Egypt
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Egyptian Visa.
Egypt Visa for Burkinabes
Facts about Egypt
Types of Egypt Visa
|Types of Visa
|Duration of Stay
|10 working days
|10 working days
General Requirements for Egypt Visa
Egypt Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Burkinabés traveling to Egypt for tourism purposes can apply for the Egyptian tourist visa.
- The tourist visa allows a visitor to stay in the country for up to three months, and there are no restrictions when used for visiting the popular Red Sea resort areas of Taba and Sharm-el-Sheik.
- Tourist visas are only valid for a single entry. That is to say, if you leave Egypt to visit another country and then return, you will have to purchase a new entry visa.
- It is possible to attend business meetings while on a tourist visa, but all activities must fall within the allowed duration.
- Burkinabes traveling to Egypt for tourism purposes should register with a tour operating company. Most Egypt tour packages include a personal guide and driver.
- A support letter from your travel agency must be provided. This can also be obtained from travel agents at the border, their fees for providing this service vary.
- Proof of vaccination of yellow fever must be provided.
- Egypt’s borders are under military control; the movement of non-military persons and vehicles is substantially restricted, and in some cases prohibited, within these areas. Foreigners should not travel in these border zones.
- Travelers must obtain permission and a travel route from the Egyptian Military Intelligence and the Tourist Police Headquarters via a local or overseas travel agency to access Egypt's frontiers.
- Entering or exiting Egypt with more than $10,000 is prohibited. Attempting to enter or depart Egypt with any instruments of currency in the sum of more than $10,000 could result in the confiscation of the money over $10,000 and other penalties.
- Egyptian police and security forces do not require probable cause in order to stop, question, and detain individuals.
- Failure to carry proper identification, such as a passport, may result in detention and questioning.
Egypt Work Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Burkinabés looking to travel to Egypt for job-seeking purposes can apply for an Egyptian work permit.
- Unlike most countries, Egypt does not have a separate work visa category. Applicants who intend to work in Egypt must simply apply for a work permit.
- Applicants are required to provide copies of their employer's incorporation contract.
- Applicants are required to provide two copies of their tax ID.
- Copies off your academic qualifications which could be university degrees, professional certificates or letter of reference from past employers are necessary for the work permit application.
- Applicants are also required to provide a copy of the commercial register of their employer.
- Your employer must present a representative that guarantees to take care of sponsoring your work permit. Your employer is expected to seek approval from the authority related to your profession in Egypt.
- Because work permit applications require the participation of the foreigner's employer, you must have been offered a job from an employer in Egypt.
- Your employer will need to submit a memorandum explaining why it is necessary to hire you (a foreigner) rather than a qualified Egyptian citizen.
- A copy of the test showing you are free of HIV/AIDs is required.
- An approval letter from Egypt’s State Security Service showing that you are not a threat to national security or public safety. This can be obtained through a division at the Ministry of Manpower and Training office.
Egypt Visa Fees
Egypt Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Burkina Faso
Egyptian Embassy in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Avenue L'Atlas - Porte N°91 Secteur 54 P.O. Box 7042 Ouagadougou 2000 Burkina Faso.
(+226) 25 37 58 44
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Egypt safe to visit?
Egypt is as safe as any of the European countries. The security and army personnel of Egypt work 24/7 to ensure tourists have a safe and pleasant holiday.
What happens if you overstay your Egyptian Visa?
If you have stayed a few days, you may not be asked to pay a fine but be prepared to leave the country immediately. But if it is a few months, a large amount of fine will be collected before you board the plane.
Are children required to apply for Egypt visa?
Yes, children can apply for a visa even if they are included on their parent’s passport to avoid doubts. Especially if they are 16 years or older.
Do I need travel insurance to travel to Egypt?
Usually no. But if you have one, it helps. Also, if you are having any medications, be ready to present your prescriptions during security checking.