France visa requirements for Burkinabes
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Burkinabes visiting France
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a French Visa.
France Visa for Burkinabes
Facts about France
Types of France Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||15 days||90 days|
|Student visa||15 days||1 year+|
|Work visa||15 days||variable|
|Business visa||15 days||90 days|
General Requirements for France Visa
France Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The France tourist visa is available for Burkinabés looking to travel to France for sightseeing, vacation, or relaxation purposes.
- The French diplomatic office will only require you to present a copy of a booked round-trip flight ticket, instead of buying the actual flight ticket before obtaining the visa. This document must involve information about the airline company, your name and identity details, destinations, flight number, days and hours.
- A confirming document offering the information that you have at your disposition at least 30,000€ coverage within France and the entire Schengen Area for any of your unanticipated cases of emergency during your stay in the Schengen Area is required.
- Original bank statements from the last 3 months, to show proof of funds while you are traveling in France is required.
- Proof of residence in the region where you are applying must be provided. A utility bill and an identification card with that address listed may work as proof of residence.
- A one or two-page document signed by the applicant, stating the purpose of your visit to France, including the travel program is required. This is a separate written or printed sheet, where you include information about the days of travel, about means of transportation, destinations, addresses and so on.
- Proof of the Civil Status must be provided. This can come in the form of a marriage certificate, child’s birth certificate, spouse’s death certificate, or ration card, if applicable.
- Foreigners looking to travel to France for medical consultation, or receive treatment in a hospital in France can also apply for the France tourist visa.
France Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
France Work Visa Eligibility & Requirements
France Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
France Visa Fees
France Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Burkina Faso
French Embassy in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso 33 rue Yalgado Ouedraogo BP 504 Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
(+226) 50 30 67 74
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to process a visa to France?
Typically, a visa takes anywhere from 2 to 15 days to process in the France Embassy/Consulate depending on the consulate that you need to send the application.
How much do I need per day in France?
Basically you should have enough money to support your self when you are in France. Generally, 50 to 60 euros per day will be alright.
What are the main documents required for a French visa?
The major documents for a French visa application are your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond the expected return date. Your passport must have at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
Do I need to attend an in-person interview for a short-term Schengen tourist visa?
You do not need to give an interview if you are applying for a short stay tourist visa. However, you need to be present at the time of document submission at the embassy.