Niger visa requirements for Burkinabes
Travel and visa requirements
Nigerien Visa is not required for Burkinabes
Stay Duration: 30 days
- For a duration of 30 days, visitors from Burkina Faso can visit Niger without needing a visa.
- All visitors from Burkina Faso are to possess a passport valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of arrival in Niger. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping.
- There is no restriction on the import and export of both the local currency and foreign currencies.
- Travellers from Burkina Faso are to provide proof of accommodation for their stay in Niger, which could be a hotel reservation or a letter from the host who is already living in Niger.
- Citizens of Burkina Faso visiting Niger must provide a copy of their financial statement to show that they have enough money to take care of themselves for their entire stay in Niger.
- Burkinabe minors travelling without a parent or guardian must have a letter of authorization from a parent or guardian.
- Travellers with pets mush possess a Veterinary Health certificate from Burkina Faso, issued no more than 3 days before travelling to Niger. Also, dogs must have been vaccinated against rabies.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from visitors from Burkina Faso visiting Niger.
- Intending visitors hoping to travel to Niger can do so from any international airport in Burkina Faso. These airports can be found in Ouagadougou and Tenkodogo.
- Some of the airlines that travellers can board from Burkina Faso to Niger include Air Burkina, ASKY and Mauritanian Airlines International Airways.
- The estimated flight duration from Burkina Faso to Niamey, Niger is 1 hour.
- The official currency used in Niger is the West African CFA franc. Visitors can exchange their foreign currency at various banks and exchange outlets in the country.
- Islam is the most practised religion in Niger, with about 99% of the entire population of the country. Other religions like Christianity and Animism are present in the country.
- The power and socket plug used in Niger is of Type C, D, E and F. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Niger is one of the hottest countries in Africa, with a hot and dry climate. The best time to visit Niger is between January and February and from July to December
- Niger has eleven official languages, and French is the most used language of them all. Hausa is the most spoken language in the country.
- Transportation in Niger is possible with buses, taxis and car rental.
- Dodo (fried plantains), efo (greens stew), jollof rice, dambou (rice coucous), moringa are some of the dishes tourists can try out while in Niger.
- Niger makes use of the West Africa Standard Time (GMT+1), which puts it an hour ahead of Burkina Faso.
- Zinder, Niamey, Agadez and Termit Massif are fascinating places in Niger that tourists can visit while in the country.
- Visitors in Niger are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Niger safe for tourist travel?
Tourists traveling to the Niger Republic are advised to exercise extreme caution. Rates of crime, terrorism, and kidnapping are currently high in the country.
When is the best time to visit Niger?
The best time to travel to Niger is between January and February and from July till December. This is the dry season and the country is easier to explore at this period.