Somalia visa requirements for Cameroonians
Travel and visa requirements
Somali Visa is not required for Cameroonians
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Cameroonians intending to visit Somalia must first apply for an E-visa.
- This online pre-visa can be granted by the Somalian consulate in the applicant's home country.
- On presentation of the pre-visa at the border checkpoint of Somalia the traveller is then issued a visa on arrival.
- This visa is valid for a maximum total stay of 30days within a one-year period.
- Alongside the printed confirmation that a visa will be issued upon arrival, the traveller must also have a return/onward ticket.
- A proof of hotel accommodation is also needed, as well as an international certificate of vaccination.
- Cameroonians intending to visit Somalia are required to provide a passport with six months of validity and with atleast two blank pages for stamps on arrival and departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Somalia known for??
Somalia was known to the Egyptians as the Land of Punt. Punt was famous for frankincense and myrrh. The Chinese traded with Somalia in the tenth century. Britain colonized the north-west of Somalia in order to produce food supplies for the British in the port of Aden (Yemen).
Why is Somalia in poverty??
According to the most recent data published by UNDP, Somalia has a 73 percent poverty rate. Somalia is among the world's poorest nations, according to its national GDP and other poverty indicators. The government's instability contributes greatly to this problem.
What was the religion of Somalia before Islam??
The major religion in Somalia is Islam. There is a small Christian community in Somalia mainly living amongst Somali Muslims in the Banaadir region. Additionally, some ethnic minorities in the southern part of the country practice traditional faiths.
What is Somalia main export??
Agriculture is the most important economic sector. It accounts for about 65% of the GDP and employs 65% of the workforce. Livestock contributes about 40% to GDP and more than 50% of export earnings. Other principal exports include fish, charcoal and bananas; sugar, sorghum and corn are products for the domestic market.
What is the climate in Somalia??
Nationally, mean daily minimums usually vary from about 15 to 30 °C (59 to 86 °F). The greatest range in climate occurs in northern Somalia, where temperatures sometimes surpass 45 °C (113 °F) in July on the littoral plains and drop below the freezing point during December in the highlands.