Canada visa requirements for Chadians
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for Chadians visiting Canada
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Canadian Visa.
- Retirement letter and pension-related documents.
Canada Visa for Chadians
Facts about Canada
Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. It stretches from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west; to the north lies the Arctic Ocean. It also covers 9.98 million square kilometers (3.85 million square mile area making it the second-largest country by total area. Ottawa is Canada's capital city while its largest metropolitan cities are Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. Canada is a parliamentary and constitutional democracy, the Elizabeth ll serves as its queen while a prime minister is the chair of the Cabinet and head of government.
The Canadian economy is the tenth-largest in the world. It has a mixed economy system. Canada is a net exporter of energy having 13th percent of the global oil reserve which makes it the third-largest share after Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
Types of Canada Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Visitor Visa||4 months||180 days|
|Student visa||4 months||duration of study|
|Work visa||4 months||3 years|
General Requirements for Canada Visa
- Retirement letter and pension-related documents.
Canada Visitor Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- If you are
- Minors (under 18) traveling alone will need a letter of authorization signed by both parents or legal guardians. For minors traveling with one parent, a letter of authorization from the non-accompanying parent or legal guardian is required.
- If you are visiting family or travelling for business you will need an invitation letter detailing the nature of the visit, length of stay, details of the host person or business etc.
- Proof of paid visa fees is required.
Canada Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- The Canadian student visa is issued to applicants who want to study in an institution or school in Canada.
- You cannot obtain a student permit if you have a criminal record so you may have to show a certificate to prove that you haven’t got one to be considered.
- Valid acceptance letter from Canadian Learning Institution explaining the program and degree applicant will obtain, amount of tuition fee applicant must pay and the finishing dates of the program are required.
- Applicants will need to provide a document showing that they can fund their studies in Canada through bank statements.
- The applicant must submit a letter of explanation explaining the purpose of study in Canada and guaranteeing acceptance responsibilities as a student in Canada.
- You must show that you have access to $10,000 for each year of your stay.
- Proof of paid tuition fees should be provided.
- Applicants are to provide proof of accommodation.
- A medical showing that you are in a good state of health should be provided.
- Proof that you will be leaving Canada after your study is completed is required.
- Applicants are allowed to work on campus while studying in a recognized institution in Canada.
- In order to work, you will need to have a Social Insurance Number, which will depend on the terms of your study permit.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old to apply as a student visa applicant.
- Parents of the applicant under 18 years must apply on their behalf.
- Applicants should provide original or certified copies of the essential documents to be submitted during the visa application.
- All documents must be translated into English or French.
Canada Work Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- A work permit to work in Canada is issued to a person who is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada for a specified job and length of time.
- A work permit does not let you live in Canada permanently. To do so, you must qualify under an immigration category as a permanent resident.
- You will also need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements of the job offer.
- If you are applying for an open work permit, you do not need to provide a written job offer with your application.
- Openwork permits can only be issued to:
- accompanying spouses and common-law partners in certain cases,
- accompanying dependent children in certain cases.
- participants in International Experience Canada (working holiday).
- Before applying for this visa applicants should ensure they have been issued a job by an employer in Canada.
- Applicants are to provide a copy of their CV or resume.
- Submitted documents must be in English, French and Spanish.
- A copy of the Labour Market Opinion (LMO) provided by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), if applicable.
- Proof of financial support to cover the expenses for the duration of your visit.
Canada Visa Fees
Canada Visa Application Centres & Embassies in Chad
There is currently no Embassy of Canada in Chad. Applicants are advised to use consulates in neighboring countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my Canada visa is rejected?
If your initial refusal was inside Canada, you must appeal within 15 days. If your refusal was made outside Canada, you have 60 days. However, if your Visa application was sponsored by a citizen or permanent resident and their sponsorship application was refused, they may appeal to the IAD.
Is it expensive to live in Canada?
While the average cost for a two-bedroom apartment in Canada is approximately CAN$990 per month, Ontario tends to skew higher. Recently, Toronto moved into a tie with Vancouver for the most expensive place to live in the country.
What foods can you not bring into Canada?
Generally, no fresh fruits, vegetables, or fresh/uncooked animal products (meat, fish) will be allowed in. Live bait (e.g., for fishing) such as minnows, leeches, or smelts, leeches.
What happens when you declare money at Customs Canada?
Technically, there is no limit on how much money or monetary instruments you can take into Canada, but if the total amount you're carrying is worth more than $10,000 in Canadian currency, you must declare it on the form.