India visa requirements for Hondurans
Travel and visa requirements
Indian Visa is not required for Hondurans
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Honduras passport holders can travel to India for a period of 90 days by applying for an electronic visa. The e-visa costs US$80.
- Tourists are advised to have applied for the e-visa, at least four days before departure.
- The e-visa allows Honduras citizens to gain entry to India through 28 airports and 5 seaports.
- Intending visitors are to show a valid passport of a minimum of 6 months beyond the date of India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- The import and export of foreign currencies are unlimited, however, amounts exceeding $ 5,000 or its equivalent would be declared.
- Also, the importation and exportation of the local currency of India is set at a maximum of INR 25,000.
- Citizens of Honduras with firearms require an Import Permit from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- Tourists must show evidence of a confirmed means of accommodation for their entire stay in India. This could be in the form of a sponsor letter from a host living in the country or a hotel reservation.
- A recent bank statement, to show that the visitor has enough money to spend while in India will be required.
- Minors travelling alone to India are required to have a consent letter signed by both parents or guardian.
- Travellers from Honduras visiting with pets (dogs and cats) must be accompanied by a veterinarian health certificate issued in Honduras.
- Although Hondurans will not be required to present a yellow fever vaccination certificate, nevertheless, they are advised nevertheless to be vaccinated against common illnesses before travelling to India.
- Intending visitors can get to India from any international airport in Honduras. There are international airports in Tegucigalpa and La Ceiba.
- Delta, British Airways, American, Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines are some of the airlines that fly from Honduras to India.
- The estimated flight duration from Tegucigalpa to New Delhi, India is 23 hours, 45 minutes and from La Ceiba, it is 1 day, 4 hours.
- Hinduism, Christianity and Islam are the major religions in India. Other religions like Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism are also present in the country, although as a minority.
- The Indian rupee is the official currency used in India. Visitors can various banks and exchange outlets in the country to exchange their foreign currencies.
- India is a country with hundreds of languages spoken in the country. It has no national language. Hindi and English are however the official languages.
- Tourists are advised to budget about $43 to spend on daily expenses while in India.
- India has a temperate and tropical climate. It has four major seasons which are summer which is from March to May, winter from December to February, monsoon from June to September and post-monsoon also known as northeast monsoon which is from October to November.
- Cows do wander freely in the streets of India even in major cities. They are harmless, so tourists are advised to give them room. Also, Indians value their cows and respecting these cows can prevent a bad relationship with the locals.
- The Taj Mahal, The Holy City of Varanasi, Harmandir Sahib and The Golden City are some of the places tourists can visit while in India.
- The power and socket plug used in Singapore are of Type C, D and M. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Special delicacies tourists can try while in India are butter chicken, alu gobi, rogan josh and samosas.
- Transportation in India can be done with buses, train, taxis and small boats.
- India uses India Standard Time (GMT+5:30). India is 11 hours 30 minutes ahead of Honduras.
- Tourists are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Indians eat ice cream?
Yes, the people of India love eating ice cream. Also, Indians have their own version of ice cream which is called Kulfi, popularly known as Matka Kulfi.
What is the capital of India?
The capital city of India is New Delhi. It is also referred to as the National Capital Territory (NCT). New Delhi is located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
How long does an Indian e-visa take to process?
After submitting your application online and providing the necessary documents, the visa will be issued between two to four days. According to the official website of the Indian government, visitors are to apply for an Indian e-visa at least 4 days before travelling.
When is the best time to travel to India?
The best time to visit India is from October to March when the weather is more likely to be warm, sunny, and dry. During the period, tourists can easily explore the country.