Laos visa requirements for Burmeses
Travel and visa requirements
Laotian Visa is not required for Burmeses
Stay Duration: 14 days
- Laos is a socialist state and the only landlocked country within the Southeast Asian continent.
- The capital and largest city of Laos is Vientiane. Other major cities include Luang Prabang, Savannakhet, and Pakse.
- Myanmar citizens can travel to Laos without the requirement of a visa for a stay duration of 14 days.
- Travelers who intend to stay longer than 14 days will have to apply for the appropriate visa type
- Myanmar citizens are expected to present other travel documents like a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and a valid national i.d card.
- Laos is famous for its forest, waterfalls as well as its mountains.
- The official language in Laos is Lao. Other languages they speak in minority includes French and English.
- The currency spent in Laos is known as the Lao Kip.
- The predominant religion practiced in Laos is Theravada Buddhism.
- Laos has a tropical monsoon climate, with a pronounced rainy season from May to October, a cool dry season from November to February, and a hot dry season in March and April.
- Laos observes the Indochina Time and it is 7 hours ahead of the Greenwich Mean Time. There is no Daylight Saving Time in Laos.
- Foreign currency in amounts exceeding $2,000 must be declared on arrival and upon departure.
- The required vaccinations recommended in Laos are; hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, cholera, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles.
- Laos uses 230V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type A, Type B, Type C, Type E, and Type F.
- The tourist places to visit in Laos include; Vieng Xai, Pak Ou Caves, Vang Vieng, Mekong River, and Luang Prabang.
- The operating airlines in Laos include; Lao Airlines and Lao Skyway.
- The flight distance from Myanmar to Laos is 1 hour 48 minutes.
- The time difference between Myanmar and Laos is 30 minutes. Laos is ahead of Myanmar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it cheap to get accommodation in Laos?
Accommodation pricing in Laos varies from town to town. In Vang Vieng, you can get a good room with a private bathroom and shower around USD3-4, while $3 can get you a dorm room and in Luang Prabang, that gets you a very basic room with shared bathroom.
How much should I budget daily when visiting Laos?
If you don't intend to travel a lot within Laos, a budget of around USD15-20 daily should make do. With that, you will get a good room, three meals and some change for transport.
Is tap water safe for drinking in Laos?
No, tap water is not safe for drinking. Travelers are advised to rely on bottled water as it is cheap and available everywhere.
How do I get around in Laos?
There are public buses that operate in Laos and they are very reliable for commuting popular routes traveled by tourists.