Singapore visa requirements for Burmeses
Travel and visa requirements
Singaporean Visa is not required for Burmeses
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Singapore is a sovereign island in Southeast Asia. Its capital is referred to Singapore because it is a city-state.
- Myanmar citizens have free access to visit Singapore without a visa and stay for up to 30 days.
- Myanmar citizens who intend to stay in Singapore for a period longer than 30 days will have to apply for the appropriate visa type.
- Standard travel documents like passport / national ID card is sufficient for Myanmar citizens to visit Singapore.
- Singapore is best known for clean, beautiful, tall and modern buildings because of its strict law on vandalism, littering and public urination on streets.
- Major languages spoken in Singapore are; English, Malay, Tamil, and Mandarin Chinese.
- The four major religions practiced in Singapore are; Buddhism/Taoism, Islam, Hinduism, and Christianity. Other religions include Sikhism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Baha'i, and Jainism.
- Singapore currency is known as the Singapore dollar with the symbol: '$' and code 'SGD'.
- In Singapore, amounts exceeding SGD 20,000 or its equivalent, inclusive of traveler cheque, bearer cheque, bill of exchange, and promissory note should be declared on arrival.
- Singapore's climate is tropical. It stays hot and humid throughout the year. Singapore is usually cooler in December and January, while it gets hot in April and May.
- Singapore Time is 8 hours ahead of the GMT and observes no Daylight Saving Time.
- Recommended vaccines for Singapore include; hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Singapore uses 230V, 50Hz with socket and plug Types C, G, and M.
- Among the top tourist centers in Singapore are Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Botanic Garden, Singapore Zoo, and Orchard Road.
- The operating airlines in Singapore include Jetstar, Scoot, Air Asia, Cebu Pacific, and Lion Air.
- The time difference between Myanmar and Singapore is 1 hour 30 minutes. Singapore is ahead of Myanmar.
- The flight distance between Myanmar and Singapore is 2,429 Km while the flight duration is 3 hours 31 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to visit Singapore?
Singapore has a low crime rate and is therefore considered safe. However, it is advisable for travelers to be cautious of visiting isolated areas because of petty crimes like pickpocketing. Singapore is also considered one of the cleanest cities in the world due to the high level of hygiene practiced in the country.
Is Uber available in Singapore?
Yes, you can use Uber in Singapore even though there is an Asian cab-conglomerate named Grub that is considered better and cheaper than Uber.
How can I spend more than 30 days in Singapore?
If you are intending to stay beyond 30 days at a time as a tourist in Singapore, then you will need to apply for the appropriate visa.
When is the best time I can visit Singapore?
The best time to visit Singapore is between February and April when it is usually warm.