United Kingdom visa requirements for Namibians
Travel and visa requirements
Briton Visa is not required for Namibians
Stay Duration: 90 days
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain grants Namibia a visa-free stay for a period of 90 days.
- Before travelling to Namibia, ensure that you have a passport valid for 6 months from the date of arrival into Great Britain.
- The United Kingdom operates a Unitary parliamentary and constitutional monarchy form of Government.
- The flag of the United Kingdom is popularly known as the Union Jack or, more properly, Union Flag. It comprises the flags of St. George of England, St. Andrew of Scotland and the St. Patrick's Cross of Ireland superimposed on each other.
- United Kingdom uses a type G power plug, a voltage of 230V and a frequency of 50Hz.
- The country has diverse religions among its 65 million population. 59.5% of the population are Christians, 4.4% Muslims, 0.7% Sikh, 1.3% Hindu, 0.4% Jews, 0.4% Buddhists and 25.7% of the population practice no religion.
- Power in the United Kingdom is generated from different means such as the burning of fossil fuels and other natural gases and also from coals thus power supply is always constant.
- Namibians are not allowed to work while staying visa-free in the United Kingdom. You van however undergo short term studies, businesses and visit tourist destinations.
- If you intend to stay in the UK as a student visitor ensure that your passport is endorsed with a stamp with either the code 'VST' or 'STV' or a specific short-term student entry stamp at passport control.
- Great Britain is a combination of Scotland, England, and Wales.
- The total flight duration from London, United Kingdom to Namibia is 10 hours, 50 minutes.
- Namibia is one hour ahead of the United Kingdom.
- One of the ways to move around the United Kingdom is by plane but you will need a photo ID before boarding the flight.
- While driving in the United Kingdom, the use of horns from 11 pm to 7:30 am is illegal unless it is an emergency.
- There are two types of taxis in the United Kingdom: Black cabs(metered taxis) and minicabs. The minicabs are usually for private hire and must be ordered over the phone.
- The currency used in Great Britain is the Pound (£) (more properly called the Pound Sterling), divided into 100 pence.
- Road rules in the United Kingdom are different from other countries, side roads never have priority, there is no requirement to stop for school buses, overtaking on the left is illegal, and you may not turn left over a red light.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive to visit Great Britain?
The United Kingdom of Great Britain is a very expensive place to visit. Outside London though, things could be relatively cheaper but a lot of money still has to be spent regardless of where you are. Since the cost of living in the United Kingdom is high, the minimum wage of the country is also high.
When is the best time to visit Great Britain?
Great Britain can be visited at any time because it has a pleasant year-round climate. Most tourists prefer to visit during spring(March-June) and autumn(September-November) season when it's usually warm and dry.
Can I drink on the street in United Kingdom?
Drinking on the street in the United Kingdom is perfectly legal, and you will not be stopped or arrested for doing so. However, you have to be up to 18 years of age to drink and you must not be drunk and disorderly on the highway or a public place.
What is the most visited place in the United Kingdom?
The British Museum in London was the most visited tourist attraction in the United Kingdom with over 5.9 million visitors, followed by Tate Modern, with approximately 5.6 million visitors.
Which credit cards are accepted in Great Britain?
Visa and Mastercard are the most commonly accepted across the United States. The American express and Dinar club cards are also used but may not be accepted in all restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. If you have an Amex card and want to make a cash withdrawal, you'll find most ATMs accept Amex cards.