Mali visa requirements for Nigerians
Travel and visa requirements
Malian Visa is not required for Nigerians
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Nigerians intending to visit Mali do not require a visa to do so.
- Nigerians visiting Maldives must have a valid passport for at least six months for entry with sufficient blank pages for stamps.
- Nigerians visiting Maldives are expected to hold an onward or return ticket.
- There are no airport fees to be paid on arrival by visitors.
- Nigerians visiting Maldives are expected to hold proof of yellow fever vaccination.
- Getting from Lagos to Bamako, Mali, will require one stopover as direct flights options are currently unavailable.
- Flights between Lagos and Bamako Airport, Mali offered by Air France, Air Burkina, and Cameroon Airlines typically lasts for 5 hours and 5 minutes.
- Nigerians visiting Mali with pets must have a health certificate and proof of rabies vaccination.
- While Mali is home to a diverse religious demography, Islam is currently the religion practiced by a vast majority of Mali’s population
- The exchange rate between the Nigerian Naira and the West African CFA franc is currently at 1 NGN = 1.6265 XOF.
- Because the time zone currently in use in Mali is the Greenwich Mean Time ( GMT ), Mali is an hour behind Nigeria.
- Getting around in Mali is possible with the various public means of transportation available, this include taxis, boats, car rentals and domestic flights.
- Mali uses a type C adapter for visitors travelling with chargeable devices.
- Mali has a tropical climate with a short rainy season from June to September.
- The best time to visit Mali is the months between November and January, when the weather is at its most pleasant.
- French is Mali’s official language and English is not widely spoken, visitors will have some difficulty with communication when relating with Malians.
- Bambara is the most widely spoken indigenous language in Mali and visitors might want to pick up some basic Bambara phrases to help them navigate communications in rural spaces.