India is home to over a billion people, the best cuisine and
the tallest mountain range in the world.
- Citizens of Panama intending to visit India are required to apply for the Indian e-visa.
- The Indian e-visa is issued for a 60-day duration and it costs $80.
- To obtain your Indian e-visa, you have to apply through the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website.
- Having met all the requirements demanded upon your e-visa application, your Indian e-visa will be processed within 5 working days.
- To visit India, your international passport must be valid for at least six(6) months above the date of your entry into the country, and you must leave at least two blanked pages on your passport for necessary stampings.
- Proof of hotel reservation or any other means of accommodation when you arrive in India.
- Proof of round-trip or onward ticket should be made available before your arrival into the country.
- Airport tax is not levied either on entering or exiting the country's airports.
- National Identity (ID) card of your country is required.
- Indian standard time zone is (GMT+5:30), while that of Panama is (GMT-5). This implies that India is 10 hours, 30 behind Panama.
- The average estimated flight time to travel from Panama to Delhi, India is 19 hours, 50 minutes.
- Airlines flying to India from Panama are KLM, Lufthansa, Air France, Finnair, Delta, British Airways and United.
- The telephone code used in India is (+91) for both local and international communications.
- The official currency of India is Indian Rupee(INR), while Indian capital is Delhi.
- Importation and exportation of the Indian currency up to INR 25,000 is permissible except for the citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan not living in India.
- Foreign currency up to INR 25,000 imported in the country must be declared to the customs upon your arrival.
- Your luggage is cleared at your first entry into the Indian airport, except passengers transiting to a destination that is not India.
- For arms and ammunition importation, an import permit is required from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- WPC license issued by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology is required for the importation of remote-controlled drones and helicopters.
- Importation of pets into the country requires a health certificate. Examination will be conducted on all pets imported into the country by the Quarantine Officer.
- India is known for its birthplace of some religions that are even existing to date.
- India is known as the land of spirituality and philosophy. For this reason, the contribution of India to today's world spirituality cannot be overemphasized.
- India has about 15 international airports in different parts of the country, some of them include Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), New Delhi, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM), Mumbai, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU), Kolkata, Kempegowda International Airport (BLR), Bangalore, Chennai International Airport (MAA), Chennai, etc..
- Travellers who are visiting India through the Indian e-visa can enter India through the Indian 28 airports (some mentioned above) and 5 seaports.
- An average of $60 USD per day can cater for your expenses in India.
- Multiple religions are practised in India while Hinduism accounts for 80% of its population practitioners. Other religions such as Islam, Sikhism, Christianity, Jainism, Zoroastrianism and Judaism are practised by the rest of the population.
- Taj Mahal's iconic domed Mughal Mausoleum, Amber Palace's 16th-century hilltop fort and palace, Red Fort's iconic 1600s imperial residence, Hawa Mahal's pink/red sandstone and Palace of the Winds etc., are some of the fascinating sites to explore when in India.
- Aloo gobi, butter chicken, rogan josh, samosa, tandoori chicken, kofta, naan etc., are some of the delicacies you will, later on, reminisce about after visiting India. Their spiciness is just so extraordinary.
- Plugs and sockets used in India are of type D and C. Type D has 3 pin connections, while Type C (a.k.a. Europlug) has 2 pin connections. The power voltage in the country is 230 Volts and 50Hz.