EXPLORE PAPUA NEW GUINEAView all hotels in Papua New Guinea
Popular cities in Papua New Guinea
About Papua New Guinea
- Milamala Festival
- Goroka show (independence celebration)
- Milne bay canoe and Kundu festival
- Garamut and Mamba festival
- Kalam Culture festival
- Mount Wilhelm: the highest point in Papua New Guinea and it is of keen interest to hikers and climbers.
- Kokoda track: a former site of battle in World War II. The Kokoda track is one of the popular and challenging trails for hikers.
- Kimbe Bay: located on the largest island in Papua New Guinea, it is a hot spot for scuba diving and is home to diverse marine species.
- National Museum and Art Gallery: located in the capital city, it has an archaeological and art collection that showcases the country’s history and heritage.
- Varitata National Park: popular among bird watchers, you could also take a short hike or have a picnic.
- Port Moresby Nature Park: showcases the country’s flora and fauna in the botanical gardens and zoological parks.
Facts about Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinean
Papua New Guinean kina
How do I travel out of Papua New Guinea?Get Visa from Papua New Guinea
For Papua New Guineans looking to travel out of the country. You can check out the list of destinations, how to Get Papua New Guinea visa to those countries, Embassies in Papua New Guinea and Visa Free Countries for Papua New Guinean passport holders
Common Questions Travellers Ask About Papua New Guinea
Is it dangerous in Papua New Guinea?
Is Papua New Guinea a good place to visit?
What is there to do in Papua New Guinea?
- Go to the submarine base for a picnic
- Scuba diving at Walindi
- Hike the Kokoda track
- Go shopping at the Hagen market and Kokopo market
- Visit a national park
- Explore art and history at the National Museum and Art Gallery
- Explore the Fjord of Tufi