Lesotho visa requirements for Filipinos
Travel and visa requirements
Lesotho Visa is not required for Filipinos
Stay Duration: 14 days
- To travel to Lesotho from the Philippines, you have to apply for the Lesotho e-visa.
- The duration of stay granted on this visa is 14 days.
- You can file for your visa extension incurring visa extension fee when applying for it and can be done at the Lesotho Immigration department.
- Provision of international passport with a validity of six months onward and the reservation of at least two blank pages for stamps on arrival and departure are all required.
- You must have a return/onward ticket before your visa is approved.
- Proof of hotel accommodation before embarking on your journey to Lesotho has to be provided.
- International certificate of vaccination is demanded.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is an administrative service in Lesotho who are in charge of securing your luggage. You are to file-in to this regulatory body to secure your traveling bags and other items you might be traveling with and to be able to easily locate your luggage should any form of misplacement occur.
- Visitors to the interior of Lesotho should bring clothing and equipment suitable for extreme cold weather during the winter months of June through August. Weather conditions can deteriorate rapidly in the mountains, and snow may close mountain passes. Temperatures can drop below freezing even in the lowlands.
- Lightning strikes occur more in Lesotho than anywhere else in the world. You are to find shelter immediately if you are out in the storm. To avoid death, you should stay away from metal objects if there is a storm.
- Although bus and public taxi services exist, chronic overloading combined with inadequate vehicle maintenance and lack of driver training makes them unsafe. Some private taxi services are available in the capital, but roving mini-bus taxis should be avoided. There is no passenger train service in Lesotho.
- The standard time zone of Lesotho is (GMT+2) placing the Philippines 6 hours ahead of Lesotho.
- Traveling through flights from Manila, Philippines to Maseru, Lesotho is about 20 hours.
- For Philippine nationals to reach Lesotho, they will have to travel through various countries' airports as there is no direct flight from the Philippines to Lesotho.
- Cathay Pacific through Hong Kong, South African Airways through Johannesburg, Philippine Airlines, Singapore Airlines through Singapore and Johannesburg, Emirates through Dubai, Qatar Airways through Doha, and Johannesburg, etc are the flights you can board upon to visit Lesotho.
- In Lesotho the power plugs and sockets are of type M. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. You are nevertheless, advised to always travel with your adapters when traveling to any country.
- Lesotho has a temperate climate, with hot summers and cold winters. Maseru and its surrounding lowlands often reach 30 °C (86 °F) in the summer. Winters can be cold with the lowlands getting down to −7 °C (19.4 °F) and the highlands to −20 °C (−4.0 °F) at times.
- Christianity is the dominant religion in Lesotho, practiced by approximately 90% of the country's population. The remaining 10% of the population includes adherents from other religions like Islam, Hinduism, and traditional African religions.
- The Kingdom of Lesotho is a small landlocked country within South Africa, known for its towering mountain peaks and breathtaking vistas.
- The Loti (plural: maLoti) is the currency of the Kingdom of Lesotho. It is subdivided into 100 Lisente (sg. Sente). It is pegged to the South African rand on a 1:1 basis through the Common Monetary Area, and both are accepted as legal tender within Lesotho.
- Lesotho is well known for its breathtaking scenery which includes snow-capped mountain ranges during the winter. The Sehlabathebe National Park, in the Maloti Mountains, is at the heart of the country and boasts rich plant, animal and birdlife.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Airlines flying to Lesotho from Philippines?
How many days are issued on Lesotho e-visa stay duration?
Lesotho's e-visa duration of stay is 14 days. This visa can be extended if you are not satisfied with the given days.
When is the right time to visit Lesotho?
The best time to visit Lesotho are October and November, and March and April when the weather is considered suitable on the body.
What is the time difference between Lesotho and the Philippines?
The time difference between the Philippines and Lesotho is 6 hours. The standard time zone of Lesotho is (GMT+2), while the Philippines' (GMT+8), compelling the Philippines to be 6 hours ahead of Lesotho.