Mauritania visa requirements for Filipinos
Travel and visa requirements
Mauritanian Visa is not required for Filipinos
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Mauritania issues a visa-on-arrival to the Philippine nationals. This visa is issued with 90 days of stay in Mauritania.
- Visitors are required to provide a passport with at least six months of validity, and with at least two blank passport pages for stamps on arrival and departure from Mauritania.
- Although the import of local currency is prohibited in Mauritania, there are no restrictions on the importation or exportation of foreign currencies.
- Proof of hotel reservation or any other means of accommodation in Mauritania should be presented.
- Philippine nationals visiting Mauritania with their pets must obtain a certificate of vaccination and must obtain an import license from the embassy or the high commission.
- Flight estimated time from Manila, Philippine to Nouakchott, Mauritania is 1 day 2 hours.
- Mauritanian Standard Time Zone is the Greenwich Mean Time. This places the Philippines 8 hours to be ahead of the Philippines.
- The official currency used in Mauritania is the Mauritanian Ouguiya denotes(MRU).
- The telephone code of Mauritania is (+222) available for all international and national telephone calls or any form of other electronic communications.
- Islam is the only religion practiced in the Country. All the 100% population in the country are Muslims.
- Mode of transportation in Mauritania are through taxis car rental services and bush taxis that transit through towns.
- Foreigners must ensure they carry out a proper check for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza vaccines and presentation of their respective certificates should be presented.
- All power sockets in Mauritania provide a standard voltage of 220V with a standard frequency of 50Hz. You can use all your equipment in Mauritania if the outlet voltage in your own country is between 220V-240V.
- Southern Mauritania has a Sahelian climate; there is one rainy season from July to October, while Mauritania north of Atar—about two-thirds of the country—has a Saharan climate. Daytime temperatures exceed 38° C (100° F ) in most areas for over 6 months of the year, but the nights are cool.
- The winter season of November to March is the best time to visit Mauritania, when it's warm but not scorching, though nights can be chilly, it is also a good time to explore and participate in tourism-related activities.
- Mauritania is a multilingual country with Arabic and French as the most widely spoken language, other African languages including Wolof, Pulaar, Bambara.
- The local dishes you can enjoy while in Mauritania entail Dates, Thieboudienne, Mechoui, Fishballs, Dried Meat etc.
- November to March is the best time to visit Mauritania. It is the winter season when the weather is not scorching. Although, the weather can be cold in the night.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the weather like in Mauritania?
Southern Mauritania has a Sahelian climate. July to October is the rainy season, while Mauritania north of Atar—about two-thirds of the country—has a Saharan climate. Daytime temperatures exceed 38° C (100° F ) in most areas for over 6 months of the year, but nights in the country are always cool.
Is airport tax levied on travelers at the Mauritanian airports?
Airport tax is not levied on any passenger be it on their arrival or they are departing from the countries airports.
Can I travel with my gun to Mauritania?
Only sporting guns are allowed to be imported into the country and provided that you have an import license before you embark on your journey to Mauritania.
Can I travel with my pets when visiting Mauritania?
Travelers flying into Mauritania with their pets must have their veterinarian health and rabies certificates that are issued to them in their home country.