Rwanda visa requirements for Filipinos
Travel and visa requirements
Rwandan Visa is not required for Filipinos
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Philippine nationals are allowed to visit Rwanda without applying for a Rwandan visa.
- Rwandan visa will be granted to them without payment upon their arrival at the Rwandan airports, seaport or on the border.
- The Rwandan visa issued to the Filipinos has a facility of 90 days of stay.
- Intending visitors are required to have a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival into Rwanda. The passport should have at least a blank page for visa stamping.
- Foreign travellers to Rwanda must provide proof of a confirmed means of accommodation for their entire stay in Rwanda.
- This could be in the form of a hotel reservation or a sponsor letter from a host living in the country.
- Tourists are also required to provide evidence of enough funds to cater for their needs during their stay in Rwanda.
- Airport tax is not levied on any passengers when departing Rwanda.
- The import and export of local currency are limited to RWF 5000. Although the import and export of foreign currency are unlimited, it must be declared upon arrival.
- Filipinos under the age of 18 must show travel authorization from their parents or guardians.
- The standard time zone of Rwanda is (GMT+2) and the Philippine is (GMT+8). This is positioning Rwanda 6 hours behind the Philippines.
- Some of the flights travelling to Rwanda from the Philippines are THAI, Kenya Airways, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Turkish and Philippine Airlines.
- The estimated flight time from Manila, Philippines to Kigali, Rwanda is 19 hours.
- Rwanda telephone code is (+250), serving as a medium for electronic communications.
- The Rwandan Franc is the official currency used in Rwanda. However, the US Dollar can also be used for transaction purposes. Visitors can exchange their foreign currency at various bank and exchange outlets in the country.
- Banks in Rwanda do not operate on Saturday and Sunday.
- Your luggage will be cleared at your first entry into the Rwandan airport.
- A health veterinarian certificate issued in your home country is required from those visiting Rwanda with their pets.
- An import permit issued by the Rwanda Ministry of Foreign Affairs is needed for the importation of arms and ammunition.
- Christianity is the dominant religion in Rwanda, with Roman Catholics, Protestants and Seventh-day Adventist being the leading denominations. About 5% of the population are Sunni Muslims and 2% practice indigenous religions.
- Tourists can transport themselves in Rwanda through buses, taxis and car rentals.
- Kinyarwanda is the national and the spoken language in Rwanda. It is also one of the country’s official language alongside French, English, and Swahili.
- Rwanda has a temperate tropical highland climate. From June to mid-September is the long dry season, which is generally the best time to visit, from October to November is the rainy season and the short dry season from December to February.
- Brochettes, Mandazi and Ugali are some foods tourists can try during their stay in Rwanda.
- Tourists in Rwanda can budget about $43 to spend on daily expenses.
- The power and socket plugs used in Rwanda are of Type C and J. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Visitors are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.
- You are to leave the country at the expiration day of your stay granted to you. You can visit the Immigration for the extension of your stay in Rwanda if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is embarkation (airport) tax required from Filipinos departing from Rwanda?
Airport tax is not levied on any passengers when departing Rwanda.
What is the dialling code used in Rwanda?
Rwanda telephone code is (+250), serving as a medium for electronic communications.
How much do Rwandan Single entry visa and Multiple entry visa cost?
Rwandan Single and Multiple visas entry cost $50 and $70 respectively.
Can Filipinos under age travel to Rwanda?
Yes. Filipinos under the age of 18 must show travel authorization from their parents or guardians before they can fly to Rwanda independently.