Uganda visa requirements for Filipinos
Travel and visa requirements
Ugandan Visa is not required for Filipinos
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Visa on arrival or electronic visa (e-visa) is the visa granted to Philippine citizens looking forward to visit Uganda.
- The days duration issued on the two visas is 30 days respectively.
- The Ugandan e-visa can be used for tourist-related activities like sightseeing, visiting family and friends etc., casual business travel or for a short time medical treatments.
- You should apply for your Ugandan e-visa at the website of the Ugandan immigration.
- To apply for your Uganda e-visa, you have to fill out the visa online application form.
- Upload all the required documents on the course of your e-visa form filling online.
- Make your e-visa payment through VISA, Paypal, or HSBC bank account of the Uganda immigration.
- Your e-visa issuance will be emailed to you once granted within the 5 business days of processing.
- Download the e-visa and print it out and tender it upon your arrival in Uganda for a visa stamp on your international passport.
- The basic documents required before your departure from the Philippines to Uganda are:
- An international passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your entry into the country, and the reservation of a minimum of empty pages on your passport for a visa stamping.
- A return ticket or ticket for travelling to another country and a visa for that country if it is required.
- Provision of proof of hotel reservation or any other means of accommodation when in the country.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from foreign nationals coming into through Entebbe, Uganda.
- An arrival card issued to you by the airline you boarded or your cruise ship firm.
- You are to present all the required documents upon your arrival in Uganda.
- Provision of a police report showing that you are crime-free.
- Medical Insurance covering the duration of your time in the country is required.
- The presentation of documents confirming the purpose of your travel.
- Proof of sufficient funds to handle your expenses throughout your stay in Uganda.
- Failure to meet all the above-listed documents required could result in a visa denial.
- Embarkation (airport) tax is not levied on travellers.
- The average expected time for airlines to travel to Kampala, Uganda from Manila, Philippines is 18 hours, 45 minutes.
- Some flights flying to Uganda from the Philippines are Jetstar, Ethiopian, Emirates, Qatar Airways, THAI, Kenya Airways.
- The standard time zone of Uganda is (GMT+3), while that of the Philippines is also (GMT+8). This indicates Uganda is 5 hours behind the Philippines.
- Ugandan telephone code is (+256), serving as a medium for both national and international communication.
- Ugandan commercial banks do not inoperative on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays).
- A restriction is placed on the importation or exportation of the Ugandan local currency.
- All luggage will be cleared at your first entry in Uganda.
- A veterinarian health certificate issued not more than 6 days before your departure to Uganda is requested.
- The capital city and industrial hub of Uganda is Kampala, and Ugandan Shilling (UGX) is the official currency accepted as a legal tender in the country.
- Swahili and English are the official languages spoken in Uganda by its over 34 million population.
- Christianity, Islam and traditional beliefs are the religious practices in Uganda.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park, Murchison Falls National Park, Lake Mburo National Park are the tourist sights to explore in Uganda.
- An average sum of $49 can cater for your expenses in Uganda.
- Meals that are eaten in Uganda entail ugali, beans, meat, mutton etc., are the foods you can enjoy when in Uganda.
- The electrical outlets used in Uganda is type G, while the standard voltage supply is 240V and a standard frequency of 50Hz.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to go Gorilla trekking in Uganda?
Gorilla permits within Uganda can cost up to $600 per person. The permit offers you one hour with the mountain gorillas in a group of 8 people.
What type of clothes can I wear in Uganda?
All items of clothing visitors plan on taking to Uganda should be casual, comfortable, functional and playful.
What's the best place to see while in Uganda?
Here are some of Uganda's must-see destinations: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This is the destination to see mountain gorillas in Uganda. Murchison Falls National Park. Queen Elizabeth National Park. The Nile in Jinja.