Vietnam visa requirements for Filipinos
Travel and visa requirements
Vietnamese Visa is not required for Filipinos
Stay Duration: 21 days
- Nationals of the Philippines can travel to Vietnam without applying for the Vietnamese visa.
- Vietnamese visa policy permits Philippines citizens to visit Vietnam for 21 days duration of stay.
- You can file for your stay duration extension at the immigration department in the country under a very important occasion or vital reasons to extend your stay, incurring an extension charge fee, nonetheless.
- International passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your arrival in Vietnam and your passport must contain a minimum of two blanked pages for necessary stampings.
- Provision of recently snapped two passport-sized photographs taken in a plain white background are required.
- Proof hotel reservation for the whole duration of your intended stay or any other means of accommodation is required.
- Sufficient funds to handle your expenses throughout the time you spend in the country should be intact.
- Foreign currencies exceeding $5,000 USD must be declared at the entry point.
- Valid travel insurance for health purposes should be available before you embark on your journey to the country.
- Return or onward ticket should be provided.
- You do not have to worry about paying any Airport Tax as this is not levied on any passenger either you are entering or leaving the country's airports.
- The standard time zone of Vietnam is (GMT+7) placing the Philippines 1 hour ahead of Vietnam.
- Flights you can embark upon when visiting Vietnam from the Philippines are Cebu Pacific 744, Philippines 595. These airlines operate to and fro within the two countries.
- Estimated time flight to and fro the Philippines and Vietnam is 3 hours, 35 minutes.
- The official currency of Vietnam is Vietnam Dong denotes as "VND", and Hanoi is the official capital city of Vietnam.
- The country's dialing code is (+84), available for all international and local communications.
- The importation of firearms, explosives, ammunition and endangered goods are highly prohibited.
- Pets such as dogs and cats require their veterinarian health certificate and a rabies certificate.
- Banks in Vietnam do not operate on Sundays but operate on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Vietnamese is the only official language used in Vietnam.
- Vietnam has three major religions Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism. These religions are glued together and solely called The Three Teachings or Tam Giao.
- La Vong fried fish, Banh Xeo, Goi Cuon, Xoi, Bun Bo, etc... are the best meals to enjoy when you visit Vietnam.
- The World Cultural Heritage, Hue, Hoi An, Sa Pa and the capital Hanoi are the tourist attractions to explore in Vietnam.
- You are advised to comply with the local custom's rules and regulation governing the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Vietnam situated on the world map?
Vietnam's location is situated in the Southern and Eastern region of the Indochinese peninsula in Southeast Asia.
What is the average per capita of Vietnamese citizens?
The average per capita of Vietnamese nationals as of 2018 is estimated to be 466 to 500 USD.
What is the average income for ordinary Vietnam nationals?
The average salary paid to Vietnam citizens is about $148 USD. However, those in white-collar jobs earn up to $500 USD each month.
Is Vietnam a developed country?
Vietnam is necessarily not a developed country but the country is one of the fastest growing economies in the world which could lead to achieve its economic development in the next decade.
What are the popular destinations in Vietnam?
Ha Long Bay, Phu Quoc, Cu Chi Tunnels of Large maze of wartime tunnels and Hoan Kiem Lake, etc... are the popular and best places for tourists to explore in Vietnam