Liberia visa requirements for Sierra Leoneans
Travel and visa requirements
Liberian Visa is not required for Sierra Leoneans
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Sierra Leone citizens travelling to Liberia can stay for a maximum of 30 days without visa.
- Cats and dogs must be accompanied by an import permit issued by the Ministry of Agriculture.
- They must also be accompanied by certificates from a veterinarian indicating good health and rabies inoculation issued at the point of origin.
- ocal currency (Liberian Dollar-LRD) and foreign currencies up to a maximum of USD 10,000 or its equivalent in other currencies.
- Higher amounts must be declared on arrival.
- Restriction is placed on the amount of tobacco and alcohol brought into the country.
- Homosexuality is illegal in Liberia.
- Liberia is officially a Christian country, however, Islam is practiced in the North and Traditional worshipers exist throughout the country.
- In Liberia, handshakes are the common way to greet others in both formal and personal settings
- The estimated flight time from Sierra Leone to Liberia is 57 minutes.
- Liberia adopts the use of types A, B and F power plugs. The standard voltage is 120 / 220 V and the standard frequency is 60 / 50 Hz.
- There is no time difference between Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- The East Nimba Reserve, Libassa Ecolodge and the Wongan Waterfall are tourist sites that would leave visitors with memorable experiences.
- Fufu and Palava sauce is the national dish in Liberia. Palava sauce is made with plato (okra) leaves, dried fish or meat and palm oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Liberia safe for tourists to visit?
Tourists are advised to be on guard at all times because there are certain places that get dangerous at night,as well as during the day. They are also advised to avoid walking alone at night and to lock their doors while driving.
What is Liberia popularly known for?
The country is popularly known for its long-running civil war and its role in a rebellion in Sierra Leone.
Where is The Liberian Embassy in Sierra Leone?
The Liberian Embassy in Sierra Leone is located at 2, Spur Road, Wilberforce, Freetown.