Cayman Islands visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Caymanian Visa is not required for South Africans
Stay Duration: 6 months
- South Africa citizens can visit the Cayman Islands for a period of 6 months without a visa.
- Intending visitors must have a passport valid for six months from the date of exit from the Cayman Islands, with blank pages for entry and exit stamp.
- Visitors must have a return and onward ticket and a proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay in the Cayman Islands.
- Confirmation of accommodation arrangements in the Cayman Islands is required.
- Intending visitors can get to George Town, Cayman Islands, from any international airport in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein and Cape Town.
- South African Airways, Cayman Airways, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are some of the carriers that fly from South Africa to the Cayman Islands.
- The estimated flight time from Johannesburg to George Town, Cayman Island is 23 hours, 15 minutes, it is 1 day 3 hours from Cape Town, and 1 day 2 hours from Bloemfontein.
- In the Cayman Islands, although the United States Dollar is as widely accepted as a medium of exchange, the Cayman Islands dollar is the official currency. Visitors can visit various exchange outlet throughout the country to exchange their foreign currencies.
- ATMs can be easily found in major parts of the Cayman Islands and credit/debit cards are accepted by many business outlets in the Cayman Islands.
- The Cayman Islands have a tropical marine climate, with a wet season of warm, rainy summers running from mid-May through October and a dry season of relatively mild winters from November to April.
- The best time to visit the Cayman Islands is between March and June when hotel prices are fair and the beaches and tourists sites are packed with fewer crowds.
- The Cayman Islands' numerous natural beauties, endowments and beaches put it out as a great place for tourists and visitors looking to experience the richness of nature and to discover new cultures.
- The Cayman Islands uses the Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5), which puts South Africa 7 hours ahead in time.
- Power sockets and plugs used in the Cayman Islands are of type A and B. The standard supply voltage is 120 V, with a standard frequency of 60 Hz.
- Christianity is almost the only religion practised in the Cayman Islands with denominations like Anglican, Baptist, Catholicism, Church of God, Presbyterian, and United Church.
- Getting around in the Cayman Islands is possible with buses, taxis, car rentals, ferries, bikes, planes etc.
- English is the official language in the Cayman Islands.
- Cayman Turtle Centre, Seven Mile Beach, Cabana Bay, and Pedro St James are fascinating places to visit in the Cayman Islands.
- Tourists spend an average of CI$ 216 a day in Cayman Island.
- Cayman Island is home to an interesting, unique and fascinating culture and history. Visitors are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Cayman Islands safe for tourists?
The Cayman Islands is relatively a safe place with little criminal activity affecting tourists. However, petty theft does occur on some occasions, but it should not deter visitors from visiting the Cayman Islands.
Do you need a visa to go to Cayman Islands?
As a South African citizen, you do not need a visa to visit the Cayman Islands for tourism. However, if you plan to do any work during your stay, you will need to contact the Cayman Islands Department of Immigration in advance to arrange a work permit.
2 months ago
Please I want to travel to cayman
Do you need a passport for the Cayman Islands?
You will definitely need a valid passport to visit the Cayman Islands no matter what mode of travel used. No visitor will be allowed entry without a passport. Passport must be valid for 6 months after exit from the Cayman Islands.
When should I visit the Cayman Islands?
Between March and June, hotel rates in the Cayman Islands drop. The islands are warm all year round. However, January and February are the coolest months. The best time to visit may be between January to May.
What currency is used in Cayman Islands?
The official currency of the Cayman Islands is the Cayman Islands Dollar. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or alternatively CI$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies.