Georgia visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Georgian Visa is not required for South Africans
Stay Duration: 360 days
- South Africans looking to visit Georgia for up to 360 days can do so without a visa.
- South Africans visiting Georgia must have a passport valid for a period of six months from the time of arrival.
- Passports must carry blank pages for entry and exit stamps.
- Visitors must have proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay in Georgia, proof of insurance health, a return or onward ticket.
- South Africans visiting Georgia must have a certificate of yellow fever vaccination.
- Intending visitors can get to Tbilisi, Georgia from any international airport in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein and Cape Town.
- South African Airways, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Etihad, British Airways, are some of the carriers that fly from South Africa to Georgia.
- The estimated flight time from Johannesburg to Tbilisi is 12 hours, 50 minutes, it is 14 hours, 30 minutes from Cape Town, and 16 hours from Bloemfontein.
- The Georgian Lari is Georgia’s official currency and can be obtained from banks and foreign exchange outlets that are quite popular in the country.
- ATMs are available in many parts of Georgia, and credit/debit cards are only accepted in top-end businesses in major towns. Visitors would have to pay in cash when patronizing a business in the rural parts of the country.
- Georgia has a mild and rainy climate in its coast and in the western plain areas, the central and eastern inland areas are more arid and continental, and colder temperatures in the mountainous region.
- May, June, August or September are the best months to visit Georgia as the weather is very pleasant in those time of the year.
- Georgia’s numerous natural and historical beauties put it out as a great place for tourists and visitors looking to experience the richness of nature and to discover new cultures.
- Georgia uses the Georgia Standard Time (GMT+4) which makes it 2 hours ahead of South Africa.
- Power sockets and plugs used in Georgia are of type C and F. The standard supply voltage is 220 V, with a standard frequency of 50 Hz.
- Christianity, Islam and other traditional faiths make up Georgia’s varied and multi-layered religious demography.
- Getting around in Georgia is possible with public buses, taxis, car rentals, domestic flights, bicycles, etc.
- Georgia is home to an interesting, unique and fascinating culture and history. Visitors are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive to visit Georgia?
Unlike most tourist countries, Georgia is relatively cheap to visit. Intending visitors can visit this beautiful country with as low as $300.
What is Georgia famous for?
Georgia is famous for its natural and historical beauties, evident in the architecture, culture, and general way of life.
What natural resources are available in Georgia?
Is Georgia a safe place to visit?
Georgia is a generally safe country for visitors as well as tourists due to the low occurrence of thefts, robbery and other petty crimes targeted against foreigners.
What to wear in Georgia?
A great wardrobe combination for a visit to Georgia should be casual, loose-fitting but warm, moderately stylish, comfortable and functional.