Nepal visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Nepalese Visa is not required for South Africans
Stay Duration: 90 days
- South African passport holders can stay visa free in Nepal for a duration of 90 days.
- Intending visitors to Nepal can stay on a tourist or business visa.
- Visitors can enter Nepal on a visa on arrival status.
- The processing fee for a visa on arrival cost 25 USD for 15 days, 40 USD for 30 days and 100 USD for 90 days.
- Your visa is valid for 90 days.
- Tourist Visa extension can be done from the Immigration Office, Pokhara while the business visa can be done only at Department of Immigration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to visit Nepal??
Nepal is generally a safe place to visit.
What is the high season to visit Nepal??
The months of October and November or March and April is the high season in Nepal.
Is the tap water safe to drink in Nepal??
The tap water and river water in Nepal is unsafe to drink and visitors have a choice between bottled water, purification tablets, or boiling water.
How long is your visa valid for??
Your visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days.
Can you extend your visa??
South Africans can extend their visa at the immigration office.