Nicaragua visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Nicaraguan Visa is not required for South Africans
Stay Duration: 90 days
- South Africans can stay in Nicaragua visa free for a duration of 90 days.
- Intending visitors can stay on a tourist or business visa.
- Visitors can enter Nicaragua with no visa required.
- Your passport must be valid for the length of your stay in Nicaragua with one blank page.
- Before entry into Nicaragua, you must have a certificate of yellow fever vaccination, must declare $10,000 USD or more in cash and an onward or return ticket.
- You must exit Nicaragua with the same passport used for entry.
- There is a $42 USD departure tax, often included in the plane ticket price, or you can pay the tax at the airline counter when departing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What currency is used in Nicaragua??
Nicaraguan córdoba is the official currency used in Nicaragua.
What is Nicaragua known for??
Nicaragua is known for its volcanoes and lakes.
What is the best time to visit Nicaragua??
The dry season months of November - April is the best and ideal time for exploring the colonial cities, beaches, volcanoes and nature reserves.
Is the tap water safe to drink in Nicaragua??
Tap water is considered not safe to drink in Nicaragua. It is better to drink bottled water.
Is it expensive to visit Nicaragua??
Hostel private rooms and cheap budget hotels cost around $18 USD per night in Nicaragua. Airbnb is available in Nicaragua and you can find a shared room for around $10 USD per night and an entire home starting around $30 USD.