Peru visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Peruvian Visa is not required for South Africans
Stay Duration: 180 days
- South Africans can stay visa free in Peru for a duration of 180 days.
- Visitors can stay on a tourist or business visa.
- No visa is required for South Africans to enter Peru.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months with at least 2 free pages when entering Peru.
- Your tourist visa is only single entry while the business visa is a multiple entry visa.
- Your visa is valid for a maximum of 183 days per year.
- Before entry into Peru, visitors must have 2 passport photographs, a round trip ticket, proof of sufficient funds and proof of hotel booking confirmation.
- You can't extend your Peruvian visa.
- If you overstay your visa, you must pay $1 per day for the duration of time you stay after your visa expiration. You must pay this fee before being allowed to leave Peru.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to pay for your visa to Peru??
No, you don't have to. No visa is required for South African passport holders to visit Peru.
Can you work on a tourist visa??
No, you are not allowed to work on a tourist visa.
Can you extend your visa while in Peru??
No. It is not possible to extend your visa once you have entered Peru. The maximum stay for your visa is 183 days a year.
What is Peru known for??
Peru is known for its Ayahuasca ceremonies and Shamans in the Amazon.
What can you buy in Peru??
You can buy
- Alpaca clothing, textiles, chullo hat, paintings, musical instruments, retablos altar pieces and carved gourds.