Sierra Leone visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Basic Travel Requirements for South Africans visiting Sierra Leone
Travelers are required to fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for a Sierra Leonean Visa.
Sierra Leone Visa for South Africans
Facts about Sierra Leone
Types of Sierra Leone Visa
|Types of Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Tourist visa||3 working days||90 days|
|Business visa||3 working days||90 days|
General Requirements for Sierra Leone Visa
Sierra Leone Tourist Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- Yellow fever
- Hepatitis A
- visitors should have a comprehensive travel insurance covering injury, illness, death, delayed lost or damaged baggage and personal belongings. A medical evacuation policy should also be added to your travel insurance coverage.
- Credit card use in Sierra Leone is very limited, so it is better to bring cash when traveling to the country.
- While traveling to Sierra Leone, you can choose to book a 3-star hotel, a guest house or rent a room with a Sierra Leonean family.
- Make sure you always ask for permission before taking pictures of locals.
- Sierra Leone is predominantly a Muslim country and care should be taken not to offend the locals. Homosexual acts are illegal.
Sierra Leone Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
- can be obtained from sector ministries such as SLIEPA.
- If you are traveling for a business visa, you need to provide the following documents:
- A letter from the host company, it must include the applicant's duration of stay and purpose.
- Travel tickets and copy of itinerary.
- Registration certificate of the host company.
Sierra Leone Visa Fees
How long does it take to get a visa for Sierra Leone?
Can foreigners buy a land in Sierra Leone?
Is Sierra Leone dangerous?
Does Sierra Leone have diamonds?
What do they eat in Sierra Leone?
Can I get visa at point of entry or do I need this in advance of travel??