Somalia visa requirements for South Africans
Travel and visa requirements
Somali Visa is not required for South Africans
Stay Duration: 30 days
- South Africans can stay visa free in Somalia for a duration of 30 days.
- Intending visitors can stay on a tourist or business visa.
- You can enter Somalia on a visa on arrival status.
- Visitors must have a Visa Approval Letter (Pre-approved visa letter), valid for 14 days from the date of issuance.
- You must have a valid Passport with minimum of six months validity.
- Visitors must have a valid return ticket and two recent passport sized photographs for entry into Somalia.
- You must pay your visa fee at the port of entry.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Somalia known for??
Somalia is known for its cave paintings.
What currency is used in Somalia??
The Somali shilling is the official currency of Somalia.
Is English spoken in Somalia??
Yes, English is spoken in Somalia.
What is the local food in Somalia??
The local food in Somalia is a pancake-like bread (canjeero or canjeelo) similar to Ethiopian injera, but smaller and thinner. It might also be eaten with a stew (maraq) or soup.
Is Somalia safe to visit??
Somalia is relatively safe to travel.