EXPLORE SRI LANKAView all hotels in Sri Lanka
Popular cities in Sri Lanka
About Sri Lanka
- Galle Literary Festival
- Nawam Maha Perahera: held in February in Colombo. The festival features elephants as pageants.
- Sri Lankan New Year Festival (Aluth Avurudda)
- Vesak: held in honour of the life and work of Buddha
- Esla Festival: in honour of the god Kataragama
- World Spice Festival: celebrates Sri Lankan cuisine
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress: a UNESCO World Heritage site showcasing ancient architecture and culture. You can take a tour of the fortress and enjoy its breath-taking scenery.
- Ancient Anuradhapura: featuring the ruins of an ancient city, it also has a museum where you can learn about the history of the city.
- Yala National Park: where you can view various Sri Lankan flora and fauna.
- Statue of the Reclining Buddha: a UNESCO World Heritage site, it is of religious importance to Buddhists.
- Polonnaruwa Archeological museum: home to artefacts from Sri Lanka’s past. Here you can learn about the history and heritage of Sri Lanka. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Sri Lanka key facts
Sri Lankan rupee
How do I travel out of Sri Lanka?Get Visa from Sri Lanka
For Sri Lankans looking to travel out of the country. You can check out the list of destinations, how to Get Visa to those countries, Embassies in Sri Lanka and Visa Free Countries for Sri Lankan passport holders