Brunei Darussalam visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Bruneian Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 14 days
- Brunei is a tiny nation located in the southeastern part of Asia and has Bandar Seri Begawan as its capital.
- Thailand citizens traveling to Brunei do not need a visa and can stay up to 14 days.
- Thailand citizens who intend to stay in Brunei for a period longer than 14 days will have to apply for the appropriate visa type.
- Necessary documents for Thailand citizens visiting Brunei include a passport with validity of at least 6 months beyond arrival date and one page required for entry stamp as well as six blank visa pages.
- Brunei is known for its beaches and biodiverse rainforest.
- The official language spoken in Brunei is Malay.
- The popular religion practiced in Brunei is Islam, while a smaller number of the population practices Christianity and Buddism.
- Brunei's currency is the Bruneian Dollar (BND) and the symbol is $.
- In Brunei, there is no restriction on the importation of local currency but you cannot export more than B$1000 or its equivalent.
- The importation and exportation of Thailand's currency in Brunei are unlimited and must be declared at the port. Export currency should not exceed the amount declared.
- The climate in Brunei is tropical equatorial and humid subtropical with heavy rainfall and temperature ranges between 22°C and 32°C.
- Brunei experience rainy season from September to January and dry season from February to April.
- Required vaccinations when visiting Brunei include hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Brunei uses 240V, 50Hz with socket and plug Type G.
- Tourist centers to visit in Brunei are The Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, Kampong Ayer, The Istana Nurul Iman, The Royal Regalia Museum and Malay Technology Museum.
- Royal Brunei Airline is the official airline of Brunei and the government's airline is Sultan Flight.
- The time difference between Thailand and Brunei is 1 hour. Brunei is ahead of Thailand.
- The flight distance and duration from Thailand to Brunei are 1,960 Km and 4 hours 27 minutes respectively.
- The airlines that operate from Thailand to Brunei are Royal Brunei Airline, Air Asia, and ThaiAir Asia.
Brunei observes Brunei Darussalam Time all year. There is no Daylight Saving Time. Brunei Darussalam Time is 8 hours ahead of GMT.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can I budget per day in Brunei?
The maximum amount you can spend for a day in Brunei should not be more than B$160.
Aside from Malay, is there any other language(s) spoken in Brunei?
Yes, English and Chinese of various dialects are spoken in Brunei.
When is then best time to visit Brunei?
The best time to visit Brunei is during the dry and warm season between January and May which is not too hot.
Is Brunei safe to visit?
Brunei is considered super safe. The crime rate in Brunei is ultra-low, unlike some Southeast Asian countries.