Djibouti visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Djibouti Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 31 days
- Djibouti is a country located in the Eastern part of Africa. The capital of Djibouti is Djibouti city, also the largest city in the country.
- Thailand citizens are eligible to visit Djibouti through tourist e-visa with a period of 31 days.
- Documents required to obtain a Djibouti tourist e-visa are Laos passport with at least 6 months' validity, a recent passport photograph, a return ticket, and a hotel reservation or invitation letter.
- Djibouti is very rich in wildlife, scenic sightseeing spots, culture, and tradition.
- The official languages spoken in Djibouti are French and Arabic.
- Djibouti is mainly an Islamic country, very few of the population practice Christianity.
- The currency spent in Djibouti is the Djiboutian Franc.
- There are no restrictions on exporting local currency (Djibouti Franc-DJF) and foreign currencies.
- Visitors are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.
- The climate in Djibouti is a tropical desert on the coast and in the north and semi-desert in the central-southern highlands.
- The time zone in Djibouti is 3 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and does not observe Daylight Saving Time but the Eastern Africa Time.
- The vaccinations required before entering Djibouti are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Djibouti uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type C and Type E.
- Among the top tourist centers to visit in Djibouti are Lake Assal, Day Forest National Park, Grand Bara Desert, and Khor Ambado Beach.
- The time difference between Thailand and Djibouti is 4 hours. Thailand is ahead of Djibouti.
- The airlines that fly fro Thailand to Djibouti are Air Asia, Scoot Tigerair, IndiGo, Nok Scoot, and Egypt Air.
- The average flight duration from Thailand to Djibouti is 7 hours 40 minutes while the distance is 6,304 Km.
Frequently Asked Questions
For how long can I use my Djibouti tourist e-visa before it expires?
Djibouti tourist e-visa expires depending on the duration of stay. For a short stay, it expires within 14 days after arrival and 90 days for a long stay.
Is Djibouti e-visa only for tourism?
The Djibouti tourist e-visa can also be used for business or transit purposes. There is no need to visit any regional embassy before applying for a Djibouti business or transit visa.
What are the common modes of transportation in Djibouti?
Trains, buses, and taxis are a major means of transportation in Djibouti.
When is the best time to visit Djibouti?
You can always visit Djibouti at any time of the year but November to January is considered as the best season to visit Djibouti because it is the winter months for the country.