Iran visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Iranian Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Iran, also known as Persia is a country in West Asia with its capital in Tehran.
- Thailand citizens visiting Iran can get an electronic visa as tourists with a maximum stay of 30 days.
- Iran is famous for its beautiful poetry, luxurious rugs, and lush gardens.
- Required documents needed for Thailand citizens to visit Iran are passport with validity of at least 6 months, a passport page required for entry stamp, travel itinerary, and return ticket.
- The official language of Iran is Persian.
- The major religion practiced in Iran is Shi'i Islam.
- The official currency is the Iranian Rial with the code IRR.
- Foreign currency exceeding US$10,000 must be declared for both entry and exit.
- Vaccinations required for Iran are; hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, anthrax, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.
- Iran's climate is long, hot, dry summer and short, cool winter.
- Iran's plug type is Type C and Type F with 230V, 50Hz sockets.
- The tourist centers in Iran are Persepolis, Amir Chakhmaq Square, Cupolas of the bazaars, The Eram garden, and Shemshak ski resort.
- Iran operates Daylight Saving Time. Iran Standard Time is 3 hours 30 minutes beyond the UTC while the Daylight Saving Time is 4 hours 30 minutes beyond the UTC.
- The time difference between Thailand and Iran is 3 hours. Thailand is ahead of Iran.
- Some of the operating airlines in Iran include; Lufthansa, Qatar Air, China Southern Airlines, Aeroflot, Austrian Airlines, etc.
- The average flight duration from Thailand to Iran is 6 hours 12 minutes while the flight distance is 5,094 Km.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to process Iran tourist visa?
The tourist visa application takes two weeks to be processed.
How much is Iran's tourist visa?
It cost 75 Euros for nations that can apply for a tourist visa on arrival.
Is Iran safe to visit?
Despite the height of fright caused by the ISIS group, Iran is one of the safest places to be in the middle east.
How can I extend my stay in Iran?
To stay beyond 30 days in Iran, it is required to apply for a normal visa.