Kazakhstan visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Kazakhstani Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Kazakhstan is officially the Republic of Kazakhstan, a transcontinental country largely located in Central Asia with the most western parts of it being located in Eastern Europe. The capital city is Nur-Sultan while its largest city is Almaty.
- Kazakhstan is famous for its population of wild horses. It's believed that man first tamed and rode horses here.
- Kazakhstan is a visa-free country to the citizens of Thailand and Thais are eligible to stay up to 30 days.
- The documents required from Thais before visiting Kazakhstan include a valid passport for at least 6 months, a recent passport photograph, a return/onward ticket, hotel reservation, and proof of sufficient funds.
- The official languages of Kazakhstan are Kazakh and Russian. Both Kazakh and Russian are used on equal grounds.
- The most practiced religion in Kazakhstan is Islam.
- The official currency spent in Kazakhstan is the Kazakhstani Tenge.
- There is no restriction of local and foreign currency on entry and exit but amounts exceeding USD 10,000 or equivalent must be declared.
- Kazakhstan's climate is extremely continental and very dry. It has cold winters and hot summers with the hottest month being July or August in mountain regions.
- The temperatures average is more than 30 degrees Celsius (86 °Fahrenheit) during summer and in winter the average temperature is -20 °C (-4.0 °F).
- The vaccines recommended before visiting Kazakhstan include hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, rabies, meningitis, polio, chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia and influenza.
- Some of the Tourist centers to visit in Kazakhstan include Baiterek Tower, Ile-Alatau National Park, Ile-Alatau National Park, The National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and The Mausoleum of Khawaja Ahmed Yasawi.
- Kazakhstan observes two time zones which are Almaty Time and Aqtobe Time, 6 and 5 hours respectively ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.
- The time difference between Thailand and Kazakhstan is 2 hours, Thailand is Ahead of Kazakhstan.
- The average flight duration from Thailand to Kazakhstan is 5 hours 46 minutes with a distance of 4,737 Km.
- The operating airline from Thailand to Kazakhstan include Hong Kong Airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I extend my stay in Kazakhstan?
The new rules do not allow to extend the validity period of business visas, issued according to the invitation letters of the legal entities. The validity period of private, tourist and transit visas also will not be extended.
How do I get around in Kazakhstan?
Getting around in Kazakhstan is very easy, you either get around by airplanes, marshrutkas & minibuses, bicycle, boat, bus, car & motorcycle, taxis/uber, and train.
Can I use credit card in Kazakhstan?
ATMs abound and credit cards are accepted at many shops, restaurants, and hotels.
When is the best time to visit Kazakhstan?
The best time to visit Kazakhstan is between July - August when the weather is perfect throughout the country. This is the peak season and the best time for hikers to visit.