Macao visa requirements for Thais
Travel and visa requirements
Macanese Visa is not required for Thais
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Nationals of Thailand can travel to Macao for a duration of 30 days without any requirements for a visa.
- Visitors are required to present a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Macao.
- Thailand citizens are to show evidence of accommodation during the stay in the country, which can be in form of a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from a host already in the country will be required.
- Tourists are also required to provide proof of enough funds to spend during their stay in the country.
- Any firearm or attack tool is regarded as a weapon and requires a license issued by the Public Security Police.
- There is no restriction on the import and export of both the local currency as well as various foreign currencies.
- Minors visiting Macao must show travel authorization from their parents or guardians.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is not required on entry into Macao, visitors are nevertheless advised to get vaccinated against common illnesses before traveling.
- Thailand citizens traveling with pets must have an import permit and must be accompanied by a Veterinary Health Certificate. Also, Cats and dogs must also be vaccinated against rabies, not less than 14 days and not more than one year prior to import.
- Thai Airways, Air Asia are the airlines that fly from Thailand to Macao.
- The estimated flight time from Thailand to Macau, Macao is 2 hours 22 minutes while the distance is 1,495 km.
- Macanese Pataca is the official currency of Macao, however, most of the money in circulation in the region is Hong Kong dollars. Visitors are advised to exchange their foreign currencies at banks and other exchange outlets in the country.
- The official languages in Macao are Chinese
- Macao Maritime Museum, Macao Tower, Grand Resort Deck and The House of Dancing Water are some of the centers of attraction in Macao.
- Portuguese egg tart, pork chop bun, mashed potatoes, Portuguese seafood rice, Herradura and prawn tartar are special delicacies tourists can try out while in Macao.
- Macao has a subtropical climate, with very mild winters and hot, rainy, and muggy summers. Spring in Macao is from March to May, Summer starts in June and ends with August, autumn lasts from September to November, and Winter in Macao is from December to February.
- Tourists traveling to Macao are to budget about HKD 1000 for expenses while in the country.
- Visitors can move around in Macao with minibusses, taxis, boats, and planes.
- Macao uses the China Standard Time
- The power and socket plug used in Macao is Type G. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Tourists are advised to exercise caution when in congested areas and pay particular attention to personal belongings while in crowded areas and while traveling on public transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the best time to visit Macao?
Autumn and winter, especially mid-October to December, are recommended as the best times to visit Macao. The country's weather is at its finest during this period.
Is Macao safe for tourists?
Most parts of Macao are very safe and there are low reports of crime done against tourists. However, visitors are advised to take precautions as they would in any other city, eg., take extra care of their passports, credit cards and money in crowded areas and late at night.
What language is spoken in Macao?
Macao has two official languages, and they are Cantonese and Portuguese. Cantonese is the most common language spoken by locals. Also, English is widely understood throughout the country.
What is Macao known for?
It is famous for the blend of Portuguese and Chinese cultures and its gambling industry.